Skip to content

Peterborough away (4th Jan) to be postponed

edited December 2019 in Football

Posh heading into third round of FA Cup. At least that'll chop the end off our brutal 'festive' run!

Comments

• They're through

• That could be a good move for us.
    Unless they just move it to the midweek of that week, before Sunderland away!

• edited December 2019

I hope not. I'm sure they usually move it by at least a couple of weeks. It can't be the week after Sunderland away as that'll be designated replay week.

• I think Coventry away is scheduled for fourth round weekend. They're not out yet...

• This season is shaping up to have an absolute bounty of games watchable online!

• As long as we don't end up with a ridiculous backlog, I think this is a good thing.

• All I want for Christmas is a fully fit Fred. (Two front teeth went decayeds ago.)

• I was hoping Blackpool or Fleetwood would lose so we could bring forward one of the Jan/Feb midweek games to Jan 4th. Financially would be much better for WW to play on a holiday Saturday & “if” we could stretch our lead while the others are preoccupied with the FA Cup it would create enormous pressure on our nearest opponents in March/April.

• I don't think we'd be allowed to do that would we?

• Yes you can I believe it goes on each season. Both clubs and the efl need to agree to it I understand.

• Usually I'd be all for rearranging a midweek to an empty Saturday, but with our run of fixtures around Xmas and new year (and the Ipswich game only 3 days earlier), I think we should take the break.

• edited December 2019

Coventry currently 2-0 up at Ipswich in their replay. Winner goes to Bristol Rovers or Plymouth. More stars beginning to align? IF Cov get to R4, our league game there will be postponed.

• FT Ipswich 1-2 Coventry

• That'd give us a bit of a jump on Blackpool who we play on the midweek after the original game date v Coventry. Bit more recovery time could be a good advantage.

• Meanwhile, we could be playing Oxford at just the right time. 9 players out injured and they have their big cup game three days before our match. https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18089993.oxford-united-will-roll-punches-amid-injury-crisis---karl-robinson/

• And we've just sold it out, which I don't think we did last season? 1,800-odd of us!

• Roll on the flood of fb moans about "selfish" people having the audacity of sitting...in their seats.

And those who can't compute that when it's a sell out, you do need to sit in your specified seat :)

• ps, playing Man City just before us is absolutely superb!

• edited December 2019

@Malone said:
    Roll on the flood of fb moans about "selfish" people having the audacity of sitting...in their seats.

And those who can't compute that when it's a sell out, you do need to sit in your specified seat :)

I don't know, I think it would be fine. I'm not fussed about sitting where I'm told to, but I also can't be arsed to ask people to move when they're probably only in 'my' seat because someone else is in theirs. We don't do allocated seating in our away end, I don't think a sell-out makes much difference - maybe they should just leave half a block as 'overflow' or something.

• Sitting anywhere is fine when there's extras, that happened at Luton every season.

But when it's actually sold out, and the amount of seats matches the tickets sold, unlike a lot of the supposed sell outs at Wycombe, then you can imagine the carnage.
    All it leads to is people congregating in gangways, or trying to bundle into rows with overcrowding.

• I was thinking of going to that one....well done the Chair faithful. Perhaps I should go in the home end and celebrate our goals like a number of Oxford fans always seem to do in the Beechdean every time we play 'em!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I was thinking of going to that one....well done the Chair faithful. Perhaps I should go in the home end and celebrate our goals like a number of Oxford fans always seem to do in the Beechdean every time we play 'em!

I worked with an Oxford player's wife, who got me freebies, so I did the away end once.

It was that year when they missed a last min pen, so that took a bit of reigning in!
    Luckily, their booing masked my screaming YESSS

• @Malone said:
    Roll on the flood of fb moans about "selfish" people having the audacity of sitting...in their seats.

We're already about a week into it.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

We're already about a week into it.

Look forward to seeing it pan out on the day.

Spotters badge for the booze gang who rock in at 2.58, have absolutely no chance of finding the few isolated spare seats dotted around, and either try and make their own row , or bundle into a random row they know someone on.

• I think that's the point of the singing section. Whether it will work or not is another matter.

• @Malone said:
    Sitting anywhere is fine when there's extras, that happened at Luton every season.

But when it's actually sold out, and the amount of seats matches the tickets sold, unlike a lot of the supposed sell outs at Wycombe, then you can imagine the carnage.
    All it leads to is people congregating in gangways, or trying to bundle into rows with overcrowding.

I remember one year at Reading where to start with it was 'sit anywhere' then 15 minutes before KO the stewards then started making everyone sit in their allocated seat.

Very soon there was total chaos

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I think that's the point of the singing section. Whether it will work or not is another matter.

Let's hope enough of the right people have actually bought there!

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@Malone said:
    Sitting anywhere is fine when there's extras, that happened at Luton every season.

I remember one year at Reading where to start with it was 'sit anywhere' then 15 minutes before KO the stewards then started making everyone sit in their allocated seat.

Very soon there was total chaos

I can imagine! Although id imagine that wasn't a sell out.

• Tried buying a ticket in the Oxford family section for myself, (61) & my son (15). Bought them and 30 minutes later got a call back from Oxford to say they had called WWFC and found out that we were season ticket holders at Wycombe and would be refunded our CC monies and I had been reported to the club! What for I don't know or what WWFC are supposed to do about it. If anyone has any spares please pm me.

• I am not sure Wycombe should be disclosing personal details of one of its supporters to another club. Breach of Data Protection Act?