Skip to content

New name for this forum

edited February 2015 in Not Football

Hello.

As GasMan has plans for the old gasroom.co.uk this site needs a new name to avoid confusion. Sensible suggestions. Once there's enough I'll attach a poll to this thread to vote on it.

Note, the polls don't show on mobile, you'll need to vote on a desktop browser.

Poll not found

Comments

• It has to be "Causeway Chat" for me.

• Wy Combe and chat here?

• Or more sensibly, how about naming as a tribute to "My Only Wycombe"? I didn't know him personally but the feeling around the Gasroom when he died really struck a chord with many who knew him but also those who didn't. I'm sure it would be a popular name.

• @Rolo said:
      Or more sensibly, how about naming as a tribute to "My Only Wycombe"? I didn't know him personally but the feeling around the Gasroom when he died really struck a chord with many who knew him but also those who didn't. I'm sure it would be a popular name.

Goodness, a tremendous suggestion.

• 'Chair metropolis'

• Titanic sinks

• The Slippery Slope

• @Rolo said:
      Or more sensibly, how about naming as a tribute to "My Only Wycombe"? I didn't know him personally but the feeling around the Gasroom when he died really struck a chord with many who knew him but also those who didn't. I'm sure it would be a popular name.

Tremendous idea

• I like Titanic Sinks. Adams Family would work nicely as it was the fanzine that followed Chairboys Gas in the same way this forum has followed Gasroom 1.0

• @Rolo said:

This is a great idea.

• @Rolo said:

This would be fantastic. It's got my vote

• My Only Wycombe sounds ok.
      Others ? Chairboys Chat, Bodger's Blog,

• I'd thought 'My Only Wycombe' would be a nice idea a couple of days back too.

The Adams Family would also be good.

To be fair, I'll still be calling it the gasroom regardless, (in the same way I call my iPod a Walkman, and the Sky+ box my video).

• Titanic Sinks, while being a funny name, will hardly shed the image problem the Gasroom has among the larger Wycombe fan base.

• @Rolo said:

I think that's a wonderful idea.

• Cressex Service Station

• Does MOW's dad post on here? While I think it's a wonderful idea, he should have the final say.

• @floyd said:
      Does MOW's dad post on here? While I think it's a wonderful idea, he should have the final say.

I agree.

• @floyd said:
      Does MOW's dad post on here? While I think it's a wonderful idea, he should have the final say.

He is signed up, so I'll definitely wait until he's popped his head into this thread before putting that into a poll.

Pure Uneducated Guesswork

• BOM
      FMOB
      NBTWAG
      DOL
      Not the 19,500
      LOC
      Al the Pal's Mars Bar and Stella Emporium
      Songs from the Big Chair
      Hand on leg
      Land of the Nerds

• "My Only Wycombe" gets my vote.

• YOYOYOYOYO would also make sense!

• My Only Wycombe...what a terrific idea and a lovely tribute.

• My only Wycombe would get my vote. Followed closely by Adams Family.

• Another vote for My Only Wycombe.

• From @OldSageofBojo ...

The idea would be a lasting tribute - the pain stays forever but this would make me very proud.

Poll is going up, but I think we know what the winner will be.

• My Only Wycombe

• For some reason I can't quote Rolo but My Only Wycombe is not only a nice tribute to a late supporter (who I didn't know) but it actually stands up reasonably well by itself.

This discussion has been closed.