Skip to content

Trivia Question

2»

Comments

• Also another set of brothers appeared together in a league match in the 1980's.

• Steve and Roy Fairchild played one game together but it may have been for the stiffs.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Dell's

When Anthony Dell came on as sub at Wokingham Town in March 1984, it was the only time that him and Bobby played a league game together.

• @micra said:
    Steve and Roy Fairchild played one game together but it may have been for the stiffs.

Steve Fairchild never played in Wanderers first team.

• I am pretty sure that at least 2 of the Buchanan brothers played together. I have a Picture of William and Charlie in the same team, George may have played, Albert only played reserves.

• Marc and Jack Leach played together for the youth team I think

• And Lee and Peter Holsgrove

In fact, would we have had two sets of brothers play together for the youth team? They were all around at about the same time weren't they? Late 90s early 00s

• I was in the Med holidaying a few years back, when i was approached by a gentleman who had spotted my Wanderers beach towel. " I used to play for the them, he said, but your more likely to remember my brother Dave Thomas", my father replied yes he remembers him well, this chap was John Thomas who played 3 times alongside his brother Dave in the 1963/64 season. If i remember correctly John Thomas, said he moved onto Marlow at the end of the season.

• If I remember correctly John Thomas was a cock.

• Wanderers beach towel @ChasHarps? Those were the days. Don’t remember that range of merchandise at all

• You must have exhausted your search in the Les Dennis Joke manuel to come up with that rib tickler, Mr Devc.

• @bookertease said:
    Wanderers beach towel @ChasHarps? Those were the days. Don’t remember that range of merchandise at all

Ive still got 2 different styles, had them a few years now.

• @ChasHarps said:
    You must have exhausted your search in the Les Dennis Joke manuel to come up with that rib tickler, Mr Devc.

My daughter has always maintained, very disparagingly, that my preferred humour is of the Benny Hill variety. She’s wrong of course but I was glad when I discovered that @DevC had chipped in already with the kind of quip that I was edging towards (if you‘ll pardon the expression).

Instead, I’ll display the height of sophistication by suggesting that manuel was a browbeaten waiter from Barcelona.

• Watched Trading Places (1980s) again last night...nude ladies (only the ladies of course), gay jokes, African jokes, and a man in blackface! Still funny but parts made you wince. There was a Benny Hill cinema film in the 1970s of his highlights...when they showed it recently on Retro movies or some such it lasted about 45 minutes.

• @Wendoverman To me this shows how much we (as in the western, affluent, anglocentric we) have matured over the past 30-40 years. Most of us I think find humour of that era cringe-worthy. Just as most of us cringe about our antics of 30-40 years ago (and 30-40 days ago in some of our cases)

• I generally cringe just in case @bookertease

• Word association.... Micra mentions Manuel which makes me think of Andrew Sachs which makes me think of Russell Brand which makes me wonder whether John Thomas and Gary Hand ever played together.

• An unashamed thumbs up from me @DevC, demonstrating that my daughter may be nearer the truth than I give her credit for. And a bonus point for bringing the thread back on topic.

• Reading brothers James and Dave played for the old Youth team, think they were both released before it closed though.