McCarthy

Scowen

Ibe
Eze
Gape
Phillips

Akinfenwa

Comments

• As @wwfcblue, excepting O'Nien in place of Gape.

• No Ainsworth?

• I get why someone might choose Ibe given he went on to much higher things, but he barely played a dozen games for us. Surely the point of this exercise is players who played a massive part for Wycombe across the decade. So Bloomfield would be an automatic inclusion ahead of the likes of Eze or Ibe and Pierre or Johnson over Hause (fantastic players though they all are).

• Inverted full-backs? I like it.

• I reckon Eze was possibly the most gifted and exciting midfielder I have seen playing for Wycombe. But I couldn’t include him of course if @Right_in_the_Middle’s suggested criterion is applied.

Perhaps we need a ruling from @wwfcblue.

I was shocked to see Giles Phillips’ inclusion in midfield until I remembered Matt. (Badly underused in my opinion.)
    We’ve had some good Matts over the years. Anyone prepared to have a stab at naming a team of Matts, if only a small-sided team?

Off-topic. F#%k off @micra.

• GK: Ingram
    RB: McCarthy
    CB: Stewart
    CB: Mawson
    LB: Jacobson
    CM: Gape
    CM: Bloomfield
    CM: O’Nien
    AM: Ainsworth
    CF: Akinfenwa
    CF: Hayes

Subs: Bull, Jombati, Pierre, Scowen, Wood, Cowan-Hall, Kashket.

• Yves Ma-Kalambay
    Janoi Donacien
    Michael Duberry
    Luke Oliver
    Grant Basey
    Dennis Oli
    John Halls
    Stuart Green
    Jason Banton
    Richard Logan
    Rowan Liburd

• @Jonny_King - Bit harsh to include Janoi Donacien in your duffers team after only two games, one of which he was played out of position. He has gone on to play well over 100 games at this level and a few in the Championxhip.

• @mooneyman That’s fair enough. To be honest I was struggling a bit for a right back and he popped into my head.

• Does Mike Williamson creep into anyone's team in place of Mawson or Stewart? Left in 2009.

• 2009 wasn't in this decade

• edited December 2019

@Jonny_King said:
    Yves Ma-Kalambay
    Janoi Donacien
    Michael Duberry
    Luke Oliver
    Grant Basey
    Dennis Oli
    John Halls
    Stuart Green
    Jason Banton
    Richard Logan
    Rowan Liburd

Green's mate Westlake will be disappointed not to make the mix.

Your lineup of course is for the giggles, but it doesn't hurt at times to stop and marvel at what a superb playing cast we currently have.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    2009 wasn't in this decade

If you are being pedantic then you are correct but a decade is any period of ten years. In this instance I missed the point as I forgot this was to mark the end of THE decade. Mike Williamson out.

• Wasn’t in the last ten years either.

• @micra said:
    Wasn’t in the last ten years either.

Are you taking the months into account? Because that really is pedantic.

• 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017, 2018,2019.

• Ok. I made a mistake. Do you feel better now?

• @Malone Absolutely! What a great squad we have right now.

• I’m afraid I’m an inveterate jester @thecatwwfc but you weren’t to know that.

• @Malone said:

@Jonny_King said:
    Yves Ma-Kalambay
    Janoi Donacien
    Michael Duberry
    Luke Oliver
    Grant Basey
    Dennis Oli
    John Halls
    Stuart Green
    Jason Banton
    Richard Logan
    Rowan Liburd

Your lineup of course is for the giggles, but it doesn't hurt at times to stop and marvel at what a superb playing cast we currently have.

So will Fiola Onibuje !!

• @ChasHarps said:

@Malone said:

@Jonny_King said:
    Yves Ma-Kalambay
    Janoi Donacien
    Michael Duberry
    Luke Oliver
    Grant Basey
    Dennis Oli
    John Halls
    Stuart Green
    Jason Banton
    Richard Logan
    Rowan Liburd

So will Fiola Onibuje !!

Was he the 6ft 6 or so ex sprinter Brownie recommended?!

But even comparing the squad Gaz picked up, with what he has now would be a real rags to riches tale wouldn't it.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Yves Ma-Kalambay
    Janoi Donacien
    Michael Duberry
    Luke Oliver
    Grant Basey
    Dennis Oli
    John Halls
    Stuart Green
    Jason Banton
    Richard Logan
    Rowan Liburd

I hope you let Elliot Benyon down gently, he's been peppering the hedgerows in training hoping for a spot!

• My team of the decade:

Ingram
    JJ, Stewart, Mawson, McCarthy
    Scowen, Gape, Onien, Sammy Wood
    Beavon, Bayo

Sammy Wood or Fred could have gone either way. Fred clearly a better player but you can't argue with Wood as a bloke that never stopped trying. Plus he got some worldies.

• Oh lord I forgot about Scowen in mine. He's going to have to replace Gape or Thompson

• I would agree @OnOurWay except with Pierre instead of Mawson only because he was on loan not a perm signing.

• edited December 2019

Is it just me or does the decade not end a year from now, at the end of 2020? Unless the first decade started with the year 0...

• edited December 2019

I think we all consider the 70s, 80s and 90s as decades, and they ended in 79, 89 and 99 respectively.

• I think technically you're right @HCblue, since there wasn't a Year 0, but it makes much more sense to have 1990 (for example) as part of the 90s.

• Gk. Blackman
    Rb. McCarthy
    Cb. Mawson
    Cb. Pierre
    Lb. JJ
    Cm. Scowen
    Cm. O9
    Am. Eze
    Cf. Bayo
    Rwf. Fred
    Lwf. Kashket