Skip to content

SIGNING INCOMING! SIGNING INCOMING! SIGNING INCOMING!

Comments

• Done OK since.

• @bookertease I guess you're right in that he hasn't been, and I will agree that expectation will be lower if we sign additional forwards with experience.

At the same time I'm sort of assuming we won't be signing another two-three strikers as this would lead us back to a season of having 4 Ugwu/Kretschmars with a final season tally of 2 and a half goals each instead of one guy we put our faith in who gets us 12-15+ goals.

If he has indeed been signed to play a handful of games rather than as our main threat then of course 5-8 goals would be more than reasonable! But that would leave us still, in my opinion, searching for the 'main man' on our limited budget.

• If Dayle hits the net a few times in pre-season and Hays and Thommo struggle, then Dayle being work in-motion is ridiculous.

• BBC website interview with Dayle Southwell:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36606630

• @Uncle_T said:
    BBC website interview with Dayle Southwell:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36606630

I was with him all the way until he mentioned getting "better service." He'll need to get used to feeding off scraps...

(And again. Not a serious post)

• @StrongestTeam said: "What came first".

What came next, is more fitting "is cash" for cash strapped Club, after assisting the Latics to remain in L1 be it till picking up a foot injury or other, then was sold by Wycombe (good or bad was offered a extension) undisclosed ofc to Fleetwood Town in L1, so wouldn't be surprised that fee helped secure Dayle's services, as little as it may have been.

Hence my wish that Dayle bags a few and plays regularly (not benched for the Hayes/Thommo) as the tail end of the season was abysmal and that to put mildly.

@StrongestTeam, so answer to your question is IMO not playing regularly, which I don't want to happen to the Dayle.

• Ffs !! That had me all excited first thing in the morning

• Me too. Especially after Rob Couhig tweeted "More good news coming next week" last night. I wonder what the good news will be?

• Worst bump ever.

• An ongoing debate in the racing community.. Is it South.... Well or suth.. Ull?

• I've always thought it was the latter

Do you say Beacons Field or Beckons Field?

• @Sherrinford said:
    Me too. Especially after Rob Couhig tweeted "More good news coming next week" last night. I wonder what the good news will be?

I'm guessing the 'good news' will be thr completion of the formal process of buying the club. That was previously slated to be done mid December.

Unless he's got a huge bet on the General Election

• Maybe Dom Gape signing a new contract !!

• I heard it's edible food in the kiosks.

• @LX1 said:
    An ongoing debate in the racing community.. Is it South.... Well or suth.. Ull?

South Well is correct, as confirmed by easily offended residents of the sleepy Notts town (not city).

@eric_plant Beckons Field surely? Please? Only outsiders pronounce it the other way.

• No one from Bucks says Beacons-field do they?

• @ChasHarps said:
    Maybe Dom Gape signing a new contract !!

That would be superb.
    Expect it'll be some food partnership though!

• Marry-le-bun (or bone) rather than Mah-le-bone, although I have always noted that Chiltern Railway staff generally say the latter.

• Following consultation with @Wendoverman, the signing of five year contract with a major crisp manufacturer.

• I was born in Beckons Field

• And it's Gerruds Cross.

• I live on Beaconsfield Road and I think we're the only household on the street that pronounces it correctly.

• Mah-le-bone sound like one of Bob’s joints.

• Born and Bred Wycombians always seem to pronounce Mill End Road in Sands as Milen Road and Flackwell as Flackall .

• Chesham as Chessum

Got torn a new one in Beacons-field once by a chap in a gillet. "It's a Beckon" etc.

• We lived just off Mill End Road from ‘74 to ‘83 and neither of us can recall hearing that @ChasHarps. On the other hand we’ve heard Flackle almost daily. “Flackall”
    sounds a bit coarse!

• I am from Nottingham we always said suth-ull but I do say Beckons Field

• @peterparrotface said:
    Chesham as Chessum

Got torn a new one in Beacons-field once by a chap in a gillet. "It's a Beckon" etc.

Call it what it is, a body warmer. That prick wants you to call it a gilet.

• It's got to be one of the most pointless items of clothing - unless you don't have arms.