Skip to content

Glen Hoddle

2»

Comments

• Speciesism is a terrible thing @bookertease and your implication that the entire shape shifting lizard community shares the lying, duplicitous, narcissistic attributes of our current Prime Minister is extremely distasteful.

• I have always thought that Boris is Trump's love child.

• Boris is Orange POTUS with the Latin...

• Yes fair point @DevC. On reflection I apologise to the wider shape-shifting lizard community, wherever and whoever they are.

• the WSSLC + community thanks you @bookertease

• It’s so painful listening to grown men pretend to care about a person’s religious beliefs from the nineties. Let’s all pretend to be offended on a football forum twenty years later...

• I’m not offended, I just think he’s a glue eater.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    It’s so painful listening to grown men pretend to care about a person’s religious beliefs from the nineties. Let’s all pretend to be offended on a football forum twenty years later...

Listening? I knew this place was bugged.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I’m not offended, I just think he’s a glue eater.

This.

• @LX1 said:
    Even if you ignore his (to put it politely) strange views outside football, Hoddle seems to comes out very badly from every football autobiography written by players who came into contact with him.

I won’t post it here, because some people might not appreciate the language used, but there’s a pretty damning quote about Hoddle in Teddy Sheringham’s autobiography, which can be found quite easily in a Google search.

• Having had the misfortune to have heard Hoddle's punditry, I find it frankly astonishing that anyone would pay money to listen to him speak unless they're suffering from a chronic, debilitating insomnia.

• I like him. He was a wonderfully gifted player, a decent club and international manager and I think he adds decent insight when covering England games on the telly

For about 20 years after he was forced out I believe the England team went backwards from where he left them

• A good link about the Sheringham-Hoddle relationship

https://www.football365.com/news/quote-unquote-teddy-calls-hoddle-a-c

Still signed for him with a glowing comment, then decided years later on that he didn't actually rate him at all!

• A good link about the Sheringham-Hoddle relationship

https://www.football365.com/news/quote-unquote-teddy-calls-hoddle-a-c

Still signed for him with a glowing comment after the England days, then decided years later on that he didn't actually rate him at all!

• Sheringham appears to prefer to keep up with the "jones"

• Both big football names but neither of them have even the smallest amount of character, humanity or reliability that, for instance, Gareth Southgate possesses. I'm afraid that I'm in the 'can't stand Hoddle' camp myself. Great footballer, poor manager and commentator IMO.

• Didn’t Hoddles brother play for Barnet I have a memory of seeing him in a reserve game at AP when you could watch for free with your ST

• He played for us on loan from Barnet. Played in the game at Hitchin when we officially won the Isthmian lge in 1986/87.

• As we look two to the left of Gary Lester, in Wanderers greatest ever away/change kit. Very similiar to Hoddle in appearence and style of play.

• @ChasHarps Thanks. That photo' brings back memories.

• Chas, we’ve had our differences of opinion but I have to say that your knowledge of Wycombe’s history is unsurpassed on this forum. That photo brought back a few memories and whilst I remember watching that team, as you know I don’t always remember who they played against!

• Football is all about different opinions, thank you for your kind words Mr P.
    I will put up another Trivia question later, that may flow the juices for fellow historians,stattos,Wanderers fanatics and general Saddo's. (I possibly qualify for all four, but in reverse order).