Skip to content

Ainsworth on his way

can't see him turning down the Arsenal job. Who would you get in to replace him?

Comments

• I hope this doesn’t mean I have to start liking Arsenal

• Arsenal are going to appoint Pochetino.

• They should go for Eddie Howe, but will end up with some Italian or Spaniard.

• edited November 2019

They could always go for an old hero with a proven track record in management.

• edited November 2019

Yep, has to be Tony Adams MBE. He’s due a win...

• "Kevin Nolan is on the phone again...what shall I tell him this time?'

• Off to Vicarage Road - sacked by Easter.

• Gareth loves QPR, but they are pretty disloyal to managers, even for a Championship team, and I don't see him giving up on this amazing Wycombe season to be sacked at the first bad run QPR have. Blackburn would worry me much more if it came open. Either way, I strongly believe GA is with us at least to the end of the season.

• The original story appears to be based on...nothing.

• Both of those sites have absolutely no exclusive access to inside sources.

When they write '[insert third-rate football site] understands QPR are speaking to...' you know it's absolute arse shag of the first water.

If, big if, they sack their current manager, Ainsworth is likely to make the shortlist. Nothing more substantial in it than that.

• I think Team Talk is owned by Sky, but there's still nothing there to substantiate this.

• Transfer Tavern and Football League World both owned by Snack Media (just a huge umbrella of random sites across a range of verticals).

• FLW is awful, consistently gets basic details about Wycombe wrong (they're the only posts I bother to read).

• The reason I posted the second one was just for balance, to show that it seemed to be all random 'blah' - neither based on anything other than pub gossip.

• For all this talk of how special QPR are to him, aren't Wycombe more special by now? He wasn't actually with Rangers for that long. Blackburn does seem like a bigger worry, but what's the off-field situation like there these days?

• Unless Blackburn a) pay him an enormous sum or b) relocate to leafy Bucks I suspect he would not go. Also Blackburn want to get out of the Championship and will want a 'proven at this level' manager...albeit one who won't cost them a bundle. (That said, I am mid-table in the prediction league)

• I think if either of those clubs offered him the job he'd take it. He's more or less said as much in the past

Let's hope neither club comes calling

• Yes without any doubt QPR is a major threat. And their job coming available now, when he certainly looked to be In the mix last time would be a huge worry.

But there would be a real risk for Gaz moving there.

• edited December 2019

I just don't think QPR give their managers enough time. That job opens up more often than saloon doors in a windy bar fight.

• Am I the only one who is shocked to find out Gareth has only just got his diploma? What sort of Trust owned club is this when we've had someone unqualified managing the team and they never told us?

• QPR and Blackburn are huge concerns. But, we're only ever three months away from the QPR job being available, and are their owners sensible enough to look at Gaz?

• edited December 2019

@Wendoverman said:

Am I the only one who is shocked to find out Gareth has only just got his diploma? What sort of Trust owned club is this when we've had someone unqualified managing the team and they never told us?

So Richie was right all along!

• I'm pretty confident that no Championship club would go for a League One manager of whatever standing, whatever kudos they want from the fans, in the same way it is rare for a PL club to poach a Championship manager to lick their millionaire assets into shape. Pretty confident...

• @Wendoverman said:
    I'm pretty confident that no Championship club would go for a League One manager of whatever standing, whatever kudos they want from the fans, in the same way it is rare for a PL club to poach a Championship manager to lick their millionaire assets into shape. Pretty confident...

Nice to see you post something other than a fake TalkSport style anger post.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I'm pretty confident that no Championship club would go for a League One manager of whatever standing, whatever kudos they want from the fans, in the same way it is rare for a PL club to poach a Championship manager to lick their millionaire assets into shape. Pretty confident...

Nice to see you post something other than a fake TalkSport style anger post.

I have no idea what you mean @Right_in_the_Middle

• edited December 2019

Off the top of my head, two current Championship managers moved from League One clubs and four are in their first management jobs.

• Only one current Premier League manager (Graham Potter) moved from a lower league and is managing in the top flight for the first time.

• A former Wycombe loanee, wasn't he? Played in that home game v Col U in our first season in the league.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Off the top of my head, two current Championship managers moved from League One clubs and four are in their first management jobs.

I don't let facts get in the way of my posting @chairboyscentral