Skip to content

WHC Doncaster and Ipswich

13»

Comments

• @DevC to save me trawling back through the rules, please could you just remind me how a score draw involving 4 or more goals (i.e. 2-2 upwards) returns more points than a 1-1 draw for an actual result of 0-0? Cheers.

• @YorkExile
    Scoring system for draws is
    Predict a 1-1 draw- any draw other than 1-1 gets 6pts 1-1 draw gets 8 Pts
    Predict any other draw (say 2-2) - if result is correct (2-2) 9pts, if draw but not 1-1 (say 0-0) 7pts, if 1-1 6pts.

Aim was to incentivise those predicting draws to avoid always choosing the statistically most common 1-1. Arguable whether a good idea or not but thems the rules (for this season at least).

• Cheers @DevC, noted.

• I hear @ForeverBlue and @fredk333 are terrible timewasting anti-football predictors and actually I should be up there.

• Wish Fred would spend more time working on his fitness.

• @Wendoverman we know what we are!

• Just need to stay in touch with the huge Christmas period coming up

• Just a mere 63 pts off the lead. Pathetic performance, even Southend and Bolton aren't that far behind and I cant even blame a points deduction for going into administration (although when I look at the bank account, I do sometimes wonder how far off that day is).

• @DevC said:
    Just a mere 63 pts off the lead. Pathetic performance, even Southend and Bolton aren't that far behind and I cant even blame a points deduction for going into administration (although when I look at the bank account, I do sometimes wonder how far off that day is).

I believe it is customary at this point for someone to remark 'No-one is panicking. A lot of football still to be played...' @DevC

• I’m panicking!!!!

• If that wasn’t a Paul Lambert quote it jolly well should be @Wendoverman.

• @micra said:
    If that wasn’t a Paul Lambert quote it jolly well should be @Wendoverman.

They've all probably said it @micra as @chairboyscentral can probably statistically prove.

• Current opposition quote league table:

1 - "I would not want to watch that every week" - 40 points
    2 - "We know how they are going to play" - 39 points
    3 - "Only one team was playing football" - 38 points
    4 - "Wycombe are effective at what they do" - 37 points
    5 - "Constantly breaking up play" - 35 points
    6 - "They will fall away eventually" - 33 points
    7 - "We were the better side for long periods" - 31 points
    8 - "Long balls to Akinfenwa" - 30 points
    9 - "How is a crap team like that top?" - 28 points
    10 - "Conning the ref" - 26 points

24 (relegated already) - "You know, Gareth Ainsworth is a class act, and also an amazing manager, taking a team on a small budget and having them play a tenacious energetic style that tends to neutralize the attacking strengths of the opponent, while remaining dangerous going forward themselves. On the whole, we as opposition fans should be celebrating this amazing story of team spirit and perseverance in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds." - 0 points

• You forgot 'They came here with a clear game plan'... as if that's a bad idea.

• That was the cup winner.

• And I agree entirely. The lack of logic behind some of these tired insults is staggering.

• And I cannot work out how any of the above stops a superior team from having a shot on goal?

• I can only guess that our opposition pass in pretty circles, putting style points first, only to find the ball has gone missing, and looking up to see Bayo depositing it into their net.