Skip to content

Trust AGM 27 November

A reminder about the Trust AGM which takes place in the Caledonian Suite at 7:30pm tomorrow, Wednesday.

I have heard about a number of members who have not received the relevant documents. These were emailed out on 12 November from [email protected], with the following documents:

Minutes 2018 AGM
Calling Notice
Proxy Form
Trust Accounts for year to 30 June 2019
AGM Nominations

As of yesterday, out of 1294 emails delivered, 833 emails had been opened. If you have not received this email, contact [email protected].

Note that Alan Cecil, Lawrie Read, David Roberton and David Smith are retiring from the Board. Alan Cecil and David Roberton are offering themselves for re-election, and Lisa Bowker and John Jewell are seeking election.

The venue will be open to members from 6.00pm. Food will be available, along with complimentary tea and coffee and the bar will be open.

WWSET will presenting again this year.

Comments

• I have checked and didn't receive the email. However, there seems to me to be little point in continuing to be a member of the Trust now we are being run by professionals.

• Not sure what makes someone a "professional" in this context @mooneyman . Not sure the implied slur is justified.

The trust going forward seems to me to have four functions
    1) to provide two directors to the football club board and hold these two people to account
    2) to raise money to "invest" in the club to maintain the trust shareholding percentage
    3) to run FALL
    4) to maintain sufficient knowledge and expertise to be ready to step in in future if required.

I think for me at least that's worth the princely sum of £10 per annum towards their expenses.

in an ideal world I would vote to move the balance of the trust board towards fundraising expertise now but I see for the second year in a row insufficient volunteers have come forward to require an election. Makes me ever more grateful to the "amateurs" who have given up their time in this way.

• It's more vital than ever that the supporters and the trust stay fully engaged in the running of our football club.

• Have they announced the election for which members of the Trust get to sit on the new Club board? One presumes there will be a ballot of the full membership and no rolled-up-trouserleg stitch-up, of course...

• @DevC I recall Mr Stroud some time ago said the Board were essentially part time amateurs. They have other jobs which took most of their time. It did however work for a while when the excellent Andrew Howard was heavily involved.

We now have Mr Couhig senior who owns a highly successful American law firm, owns American sports clubs, and is the manager or lead investor of several successful companies. His nephew is an experienced financial consultant who I understand is working full time for us. Additionally we have Mark Palmer who has overall football experience. If you can't see that this is a more professional set up then I give up.

Those of us that actually set foot in Adam's Park have already witnessed rapid improvements in the match day experience. If you deem to grace us with your presence in the near future, you may be pleasantly surprised (excepting the toilets of course)

• edited November 2019

Until twelve months ago the club board (under the ownership of the trust), consisted of Andrew Howard, an experienced sports team and fundraising expert, Ivor Beeks, love him or loathe him highly experienced in running lower league football clubs, Mark Burrell, business consultant plus Cook and Stroud who will presumably stay on and supported by a professional operations guy in Michael Davies. On paper that was strong by the standards of lower league football clubs.

Mark Palmer is a professional sports club manager, I understand, with the rest of the new board mostly experienced in various business activities.

The current board feels reasonably strong too. they have the huge benefit of having more cash to spend and who knows may perform better than their predecessors. Lets hope so. Implying the former management of the club were bumbling amateurs though seems grossly unfair and lacking in gratitude for what they achieved.

• It's vital that the Trust maintain at least a 12.5% voting shareholding, as the majority shareholding threshold is now set at 87.5% I believe.That means that the Trust can guarantee the enshrined rights.

Whatever shareholding the Trust end up with, has to be paid for, so members need to continue contributing financially.

• Implying the former management of the club were bumbling amateurs though seems grossly unfair and lacking in gratitude for what they achieved.

Where are you getting this understanding from? I don't see it in anything posted but maybe I'm just missing a spectacular fish pun?

• Shame the A.G.M. wasn't on Facebook like the other meetings.

The Football Club allegedly lost approx. £868,000 in the last year.

Did anything of note come out?

Trust seem to be silent on the matter.

• @NiceCarrots said:
    Shame the A.G.M. wasn't on Facebook like the other meetings.

The Football Club allegedly lost approx. £868,000 in the last year.

Did anything of note come out?

Trust seem to be silent on the matter.

At this point you seem to have dropped any pretence that your entire life isn’t an all consuming vendetta against the trust.

Who hurt you Carrots baby?

• I just found my trust emails in my Junk folder, which is strange as they’ve never turned up in there before. Have the trust changed their email address ?
    As a result the trust AGM passed me by this year.

• I noticed in Bloomfield's comments on the website pre-Ipswich, he says: "Getting back to winning ways against the pre-season promotion favourites on New Year’s Day would be a great way to start the new decade, as we move into an exciting new period in the club’s history under the guidance of Rob, Missy and Pete Couhig ...".

There's been very little mention or sign of Mark Palmer lately in club communications, whereas a few months back, he seemed conspicuous. This change concerns me a little, given how central he was to the Couhig proposition, acknowledging their own lack of football knowledge.

Can anybody put my mind at rest?

• I'm sure I read fairly recently that he was stepping away a bit to do other non-Wycombe football things. I can't immediately find where I read that though

• @FmG said:
    I'm sure I read fairly recently that he was stepping away a bit to do other non-Wycombe football things. I can't immediately find where I read that though

http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2019/12/seasonal-update-from-trust-chairman

• Think he has left the club to pursue other interests. Remember something being mentioned in the oddly timed Trust newsletter late on Christmas Eve.
    Would be interesting to hear a little more though

• That's the one! Thanks @AlanCecil

• Thanks, @AlanCecil . I'd completely missed that due to pre-Christmas pressures.

But he is still going to be one of the four "team Couhig" directors - as per the proposition we voted on, set out in Rob Couhig's video for Legacy Members, right?

• @our_frank said:
    Thanks, @AlanCecil . I'd completely missed that due to pre-Christmas pressures.

But he is still going to be one of the four "team Couhig" directors - as per the proposition we voted on, set out in Rob Couhig's video for Legacy Members, right?

"An update of the new structure will be published post completion."

• I thought i read Mr Stroud is now going to be catapulted in as a board director? and has resigned as a Trust director due to conflict of interests !! Im pretty sure there has been quite a few posters questioning his position over the last two years during the dialogue between potential investors.
    From the ice cream mans couch to the candy bar of the Couhigs. some people seem to have made an easy transition.