Skip to content

The Opposition View: Ipswich

2»

Comments

• I don't understand. I copied and pasted those posts because they're funny. What's the issue?

• I love the reference to our two man-mountain centre backs! Neither particularly tall or physically daunting but both very good with the ball at their feet and not averse to storming through the middle into the opposition half.

• "(we) play three up front. His name is Akinfenwa."

That made me chuckle.

• Now, now @BuckinghamBlue, don't be crabby!

• Ipswich might think they're the best team in the tunaverse so the atmosphere cod be a little tench when we beat them.

• Nice pieces in today’s Ipswich Star about the Beast & Matt Bloomfield. I imagine half of Felixstowe will be there tonight (Matt Bloomfield’s home town).

• Matt Bloomfield hasn't lived in Felixstowe for at least about twenty years. Surely that is now a bit of a red herring.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Now, now @BuckinghamBlue, don't be crabby!

that's my job

• In 'big' games we often deploy a man marking job on either their attacking midfielder or holding player, whichever is deemed most responsible for dictating tempo and pulling the strings. Combined with generally breaking up play and trying to frustrate the flow of the game it has been quite effective in the past against opposition with a big home support expecting their side to play a slick passing game.

I imagine we will try and do something along those lines. Also wouldnt be surprised if the front three to start was bayo, samuel, wheeler to allow us to defend from the front. And then smyth, aarons or kashkett off the bench as the game opens up.

Prediction: 1-0 Wycombe. Blooms plays the game of his life and scores from 30 yards, obviously.

• @DevC said:
    Matt Bloomfield hasn't lived in Felixstowe for at least about twenty years. Surely that is now a bit of a red herring.

'The physical journey is long enough. The Wycombe Wanderers midfielder splits his time between the club he's represented for 16 years and his family home in Felixstowe, with the two separated by the best part of 150 miles.'

Quote from a Bloomfield interview ahead of tonight's game.

• edited November 2019

Ah. Assumed he lived down south now what with him being a one chub man.

Tough game tonight but with Bloomfield's knowledge and background, hopefully we can container them.

• My trawl for fish puns floundered. All I can add is that I have a good feeling about tonight. COYB!

• @DevC said:
    Ah. Assumed he lived down south now what with him being a one chub man.

Tough game tonight but with Bloomfield's knowledge and background, hopefully we can container them.

He coaches Ipswich u14s, not by video I'd imagine.

• Didn't Bloomfield actually move further away, back to that area fairly recently? (recently versus his length of stay, rather than a week ago)

It seemed surprising for us norms, who would baulk at such a commute, but he obviously makes it work!

• Very good, Nors.