Skip to content

Match day thread: Ipswich

Comments

• Going to be working tonight in a building with no internet or WiFi; it's going to be torture. COYB!

• If we get anything out of tonight’s game I might just start to believe. Our toughest test so far.

• I've predicted a draw...will be happy to be proved wrong and get three points. Good luck to the team and the following fans! Please remind Ipswich they are in League One for a reason...

• Ipswich Town should beat Wycombe Wanderers ten times out of ten. But, this team... who knows.

COME ON WYCOMBE!

• Very excited for this one, Little old Wycombe from the non-league are going to Bobby Robson's Ipswich. It's good to see us in places with history you can respect on our away days so it was good to visit Sir Bobby's statue at Newcastle while we were playing the mob down the road who's name escapes me.

• When we were Isthmian League Alf Ramsey’s Ipswich we’re winning the old First Division ie top of the football pyramid. That is how far we have come.

• If Matt Bloomfield scores, I may lose my voice.

• I know people have been slating the Ipswich fans for 'big club' syndrome, but the people in this forum are much more complimentary and respectful towards us:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/469890/what-a-monumentally-big-game-tonight-is/#7

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I know people have been slating the Ipswich fans for 'big club' syndrome, but the people in this forum are much more complimentary and respectful towards us:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/469890/what-a-monumentally-big-game-tonight-is/#7

Would you want to be judged on the basis of 4 or 5 comments from people you don't know on the Wycombe Facebook page or even on here? The Sunderland stuff is hilarious as there's a lot of it and they have been poor for so long, similarly looking back to poor old Notts County. Too easy to go looking for this everywhere.

• @Shev said:
    If Matt Bloomfield scores, I may lose my voice.

Does he celebrate if he scores?

• BSEBSE
    edited November 2019

I'm a bit gutted myself was as i was looking forwards to doing Portland road. As it was re-arranged to tonight & due to work i will have to do second best and watch on Ifollow.
    If anyone is partial to a bet might be worth having a punt as you can get 3/1 for a wycombe win.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Shev said:
    If Matt Bloomfield scores, I may lose my voice.

Does he celebrate if he scores?

He would celebrate wildly

• Knackers. I’ve been looking forward to this one since Town’s relegation was confirmed but am in the John Ratcliffe with a knarly ear infection smacked up on morphine, so will have to enjoy via iFollow. COYBloomfields!

• edited November 2019

A big performance from the big man tonight?

• Proper old school football ground this, having a quick look round. Love it.

• edited November 2019

Sorry if this is a little po-faced but I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with Matt Bloomfield playing if he's also employed by Ipswich coaching their U14s. As a model professional I don't doubt his commitment to Wycombe winning but there's a reason teams don't allow on-loan players to play against them. Matt has moved back to the area, sees his future in coaching and is employed by Ipswich FC. If it were anyone other than 'Mr Wycombe' I would have significant doubts about him playing. As it is him I'm only slightly uncomfortable. Hopefully he'll score a first half hattrick to set my mind at ease.

• @aloysius said:
    Sorry if this is a little po-faced but I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with Matt Bloomfield playing if he's also employed by Ipswich coaching their U14s. As a model professional I don't doubt his commitment to Wycombe winning but there's a reason teams don't allow on-loan players to play against them. Matt has moved back to the area, sees his future in coaching and is employed by Ipswich FC. If it were anyone other than 'Mr Wycombe' I would have significant doubts about him playing. As it is him I'm only slightly uncomfortable. I'm sure he will play and I'm sure he would never dream of bottling a goal scoring opportunity. But if he does send a ball sky high in front of goal on the 90th min with the score 0-0, it will make me very sad.

Erm...Absolute cr@p if you think you can't trust someone who has given us his entire football career. Trolling right ?

• A ‘little’ po-faced @aloysius. Seriously? Do you think for 1 second the thought of not doing his best in a a wycombe shirt would ever occur to Bloomfield? If he misses a sitter in the 90th minute it won’t be because it’s Ipswich we’re playing it’s because he’s Matt Bloomfield who you can guarantee will miss more sitters than he scores.

I’m not 100% convinced he’ll start tonight though.

• @floyd said:
    Ipswich Town should beat Wycombe Wanderers ten times out of ten. But, this team... who knows.

COME ON WYCOMBE!

Complete nonsense.

As Rob Couhig said a few weeks back, We need to get rid of this little Wycombe attitude.

• I quite like being little Wycombe.

• @floyd said:
    Ipswich Town should beat Wycombe Wanderers ten times out of ten. But, this team... who knows.

COME ON WYCOMBE!

They're a team in the same division, and there's no-one we'd lose to 10/10 times in this league, but I take your sentiments.

• oh @aloysius I think that's the most bizarre (and possibly the saddest) post we've had for a long time. If Bloomy scores an own goal and runs to celebrate it with the Ipswich youth team in the stands I'll take it back.

• @Vincey said:

As Rob Couhig said a few weeks back, We need to get rid of this little Wycombe attitude.

We're world-wide now! COYWWWWFC!

• @aloysius said:
    Sorry if this is a little po-faced but I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with Matt Bloomfield playing if he's also employed by Ipswich coaching their U14s. As a model professional I don't doubt his commitment to Wycombe winning but there's a reason teams don't allow on-loan players to play against them. Matt has moved back to the area, sees his future in coaching and is employed by Ipswich FC. If it were anyone other than 'Mr Wycombe' I would have significant doubts about him playing. As it is him I'm only slightly uncomfortable. Hopefully he'll score a first half hattrick to set my mind at ease.

Crikey.

• Is Blooms actually employed by Ipswich? I thought his coaching role there was as part of his badges.

• @Vincey said:

@floyd said:

COME ON WYCOMBE!

Complete nonsense.

Don’t be silly.

• @drcongo is there a record for most thumbed down post?

• Struggling to register for ifollow. It keeps asking for an email address but the 3 times I've tried different ones it's having none of it.

• Talk Sport have just read out a poem about Gareth Ainsworth with the last line ‘Better than Klopp at Liverpool’ , helps that it rhymed but for them to acknowledge football exists beyond the Premier League show what an impact we are having.
    Oh and Aloysious you need your meds reviewing.