Skip to content

Guess who the most disciplined team in League One are...

edited November 2019 in Football

?

Comments

• In terms of total cards, yes. There are things like booking points, but I don't care about any of that. Aren't we supposed to be horrible?

• We’ve been disciplined by the ref the most?

• Most well disciplined? Best disciplined? I don't know, I'm struggling here.

• Bit ambiguous! Sort it out. I used to love following the card stats, player by player on teletext. Is there a source of the same sort of statistics on line?

• edited November 2019

WhoScored.com is where I go, but just Google "League One discipline" and you'll get a few decent options. Soccerbase is great for tracking individual refs.

• Thanks @chairboyscentral. Yes, I have visited soccerbase fairly often in the past but it’s slipped my mind recently.

• Still confused, do we have the most cards or not?

• Where it gets confusing on "cards shown" is when you get a '2nd yellow' situation (e.g. Thompson) when he actually had 3 cards waved at him, for two cautionable offences in the same match, whereas, for example, Nnamdi had one card shown, but it was a straight red. So just adding up cards is a bit false. Hence the 'points' system, mentioned by @chairboyscentral. On yellows we appear to have the equal best disciplinary record in L1 with Burton, on only 18 from 18 (by comparison Sunderland have had 34, and Oxford 38). What puts us slightly behind Burton is that they've had 2 '2nd yellows" but no straight reds, to our one of each. I think... Not surprising that Saturday's game was generally without malice as Doncaster are also up at the top - but their yellow and straight red has pushed them back a bit, especially with us not getting any cards on Sat.

Dirty Wycombe?? Hmmm.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Still confused, do we have the most cards or not?

Fewest! Excuse my temporarily terrible English.

• Well that post didn’t date well!