Skip to content

Match day thread: Doncaster

Comments

• I would take a draw today. I worry that a defeat would lead to a slide in results which tbh most of us expect will happen at some time. It’s going to be hard to bounce back from that bitter defeat on Wednesday and the players must be pretty tired. COYB

• Line up predictions?

You'd think the back 5, and t he Gape-Thompson-Bloomfield axis are all certs today.
    So the front 3 are the question.

Let's go Kashket, Bayo, Wheeler.
    Based on Fred definitely being out, Arrons either out or back to the bench and Smyth still finding his way back in?

• Allsop

Grimmer
    Stewart
    Charles
    JJ

Gape
    Thompson
    Freeman

Wheeler
    Samuel
    Smyth

But the final four there could well be completely different.

• Would love to see Arrons and Smyth alongside Bayo today, but dare say that's very unlikely.
    Never disappointed to see anyone play, but you can't beat a flair winger or two.

• Back 4 and front 3 is good, but midfield will be Thompson, Blooms and Nnamdi, they will definitely be looking to the Ipswich game for their strongest line up

• I think a draw would be a more than acceptable result today

• edited November 2019

I'd like four points from the two games but would take two.

• Well, I'd like six, but that's just not realistic. Or is it...?

• Got in at my usual time. Was like a ghost town. I fear @glasshalffull might be disappointed with the turnout today.

• Stewart and Charles doing heading practice. I don't remember seeing that since the days of Leon Johnson.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Got in at my usual time. Was like a ghost town. I fear @glasshalffull might be disappointed with the turnout today.

Relax son. Some cruise in latedoors

• Interesting lineup. Looking forward to it, though I suspect we are going to keep it tight and go for the late kill in the last 20 with subs.

• Anyone else watching on iFollow? My sound is chopped up like a 90s club anthem.

• Some lovely skills from Smyth so far.

• Yeah my sound is the same.

Our pitch doesn’t look as good as previous years does it?

• True. I wonder if part of it could be prep based on who we are playing.

• Average game so far. Few chances. Not much of note.

Smyth has both given a load of free kicks away and given their right back a going over.

• Yes @Malone they all polled in in time for KO. Pretty equal so far though I feel we've had the better chances. Could be a one goal game! Smyth is a handful on a greasy surface wheeler some nice touches but they tower over our lot.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Stewart and Charles doing heading practice. I don't remember seeing that since the days of Leon Johnson.

It was all headers in midfield first half so maybe the practice played off!

Need to be better 2nd half, lost too many balls 1st half.

Pitch not helped by lots of rain and two matches midweek

• @MBS said:
    I would take a draw today. I worry that a defeat would lead to a slide in results which tbh most of us expect will happen at some time. It’s going to be hard to bounce back from that bitter defeat on Wednesday and the players must be pretty tired. COYB

I'm fed up of this "players are tired" excuse. We are 16 games into the season. Most of the starting lineup today have played 5, 6, 7 league games. What are we going to be saying come the 46th game?? (Apart from "we are the champions" of course).

It's a long season, but it's the same for everyone.

• I think if we get through to Beast Mode either level or ahead, we should be looking good.

• Red card a bit harsh? I was on wrong side but it did not look line a sending off?

• @Shev said:
    I think if we get through to Beast Mode either level or ahead, we should be looking good.

Now is the time. Straight red.

• Ipswich losing...... come on Wycombe

• @Stewie63 said:
    Ipswich losing...... come on Wycombe

Correction Ipswich equalised.....come on Wycombe

• Cup shmup.

• Can we please never play 10 men again? Looked a bit more creative from open play thanks to Smyth. Ofoborh also had a great game.

• That was a pretty poor game quality wise, never mind we are opening up a gap at the top long may in continue!!!