Skip to content

Comments

• My team to face Barnet; Ingram, Jombati, Pierre, Rowe, Jacobson - Harriman, Bean, McGinn, Wood - Hayes, Holloway.

• I agree with most of that but reckon we'll see Stewart and Pierre in defence, Rowe and Bean in central midfield and Banton on the left instead of Wood.

• The absence of Banton from the team on Tuesday was slightly surprising, as GA appeared to use it as an opportunity to give all the squad a game. Slight knock in training or is Mr Banton not creating an overly positive early impression behind the scenes?

Still confidently expect Rowe to play more games at CB than CM this season and injury permitting to be ensconsed as clear first choice CB pairing by xmas.

• Looking at the Barnet squad there are more names I recognise than I would have expected. Kevin Lisbie can't be that cheap even if he's never quite lived up to his early promise. Is someone putting money in there?

• Anyone know what parking is like round the new ground? Ironically, despite living in Barnet I could get to Adams Park quicker on public transport.

• i think sellers should get a start - he's looked lively in both games so far

• What's wrong with Wood? He doesn't look like the player of last season, maybe competion for places will make him up his game if not he'll be on the bench at best.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    My team to face Barnet; Ingram, Jombati, Pierre, Rowe, Jacobson - Harriman, Bean, McGinn, Wood - Hayes, Holloway.

Rowe for Stewert, Banton for Wood.

Thus go with Hayes, Holloway and Banton upfront. 2nd half get Sellers on as his crosses into the danger area are awesome.

• Here's a BFP article with Ainsworth's explanation for Banton's limited exposure so far.

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/13595969.New_signing_has_to_learn_the_Wycombe_way/?

• Good read, but Banton and Sellers service and distribution are in my opinion show much more quality and can unlock the opposition defence.

Hoffing it towards the corner flag doesn't do it for me. "Here boy, go and fetch" shows no vision.

Time is on my side. Banton and Sellers will come through and hold their respective places. You heard it here 1st.

• That is actually one of the most encouraging articles I've seen for ages. It really makes me think GA is doing the right thing both for the club and the players, which has to be the way forward and I can see why Rowe for example was happy to spend a season on the sidelines and still come and join us

• @drcongo parking is similar to ours plenty of space at the ground but one way in and out so can take a while to get out after the game.

• A couple of interesting points regarding last season's encounter with Barnet. Mawsom did not play - Sido partnered Pierre. Josh Scowen played right back and was arguably lucky not to be sent off. It was a battle royal.
    Two weeks later, again without Mawson and with only five subs, we won 4-1 at Cheltenham. So we can cope without him, much as we all loved him and miss him!

• The best place to park is cannons park tube station as it's cheaper and easier to get out after.

• @micra said:
    A couple of interesting points regarding last season's encounter with Barnet. Mawsom did not play - Sido partnered Pierre. Josh Scowen played right back and was arguably lucky not to be sent off. It was a battle royal.
    Two weeks later, again without Mawson and with only five subs, we won 4-1 at Cheltenham. So we can cope without him, much as we all loved him and miss him!

With Rowe and Stewert I already have. Only concern will the defenders assist with enough goals as the team tend to all chip in to help the forwards.

• Stewart has already chipped in.