Skip to content

FAO texh savvy Gasroomers

I can’t make Tuesday’s game and won’t have internet access that night, but am planning to watch it on my phone using my data.

Here’s the thing, is it possible to link my phone to my laptop and watch it on that, even if it’s not connected to the internet?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Yes go into the setting on your phone (assume it’s a IPhone or Android?) and there should be an option under WI-FI for Personal Hotspot

Turn it on, it will give you a password

You should then be able to connect to the hotspot using your laptop, enter the password your phone gives you, done.

• @PrinceOfCrowell Thank you so much!

On a side note, I can’t spell ‘tech’.

• BSEBSE
    edited November 2019

If you have the ifollow thing, i believe you can just watch it on an app on your phone.

Edit: @Jonny_King I was clearly very tired last night and completely misread your post sorry!

• edited November 2019

If you share your phone's WiFi hot spot with your laptop you'll then be able to watch via ifollow on the laptop which will at least be a bigger picture.

I've always had to use my laptop to buy the match day pass anyway even if I'm watching on my phone or tablet. I believe it's not actually possible to buy the match day pass through the app only via the ifollow website.

Worth giving yourself 10 minutes to figure that bit out. Although once you've bought the pass - using the same account you plan to watch on - access has been pretty much immediate for me.

• Thanks @Twizz. Incidentally, I was able to buy a matchday pass for the Fulham game using my phone, so it can be done.