Skip to content

Match day thread: Fulham

BSEBSE
edited August 2015 in Football

Fulham team news: Luke Garbutt, Scott Parker, George Williams and Fernando Amorebieta, injured.

Ryan Tunnicliffe serves the second game of his two-match ban.

Comments

• Wycombe: Ingram, Jombati, Jacobson, Stewart, Rowe, Harriman, Bean, McGinn, Wood, Amadi-Holloway, Thompson. #WYCvFUL

— Wycombe Wanderers FC (@wwfcofficial) August 11, 2015
  • Subs: Richardson, Hayes, Banton, Sellers, O'Nien, Bloomfield. #WYCvFUL

• The @FulhamFC line-up: Bettinelli, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Cairney, Kacaniklic, Voser, Woodrow, Pringle, O'Hara, Grimmer, McCormack. #FFC

• Surprised Banton hasn't been given a run.

• Oxford are already three up away at Brentford.

• Yes Brentford made 11 changes 7 of whom this is their first game for the club !

• Well they've got a great future ahead of them!

• Very decent performance by the Blues. Fulham not surprisingly had more class but we chased and harried and never gave in. Marcus Bean my man of the match.

• Not bothered by the result. Good performance, bring on Barnet on Saturdat!

• Barnet are currently 2-1 up at Millwall in extra time. Hopefully tiring them out.

• Didn't really test their keeper. Neither did Fulham, other than the goal. Few clear cut chances. Thought Harriman and Bean were very good second half.

• My 1st game of the season, watched from the terrace for the 1st time in many years. A very different perspective on the game. Beans best game at Adams Park, Harriman even more energy than his last season in a blue shirt. I was disappointed with Thompson, but Fulham were a fine side, and a lot of nicks fell to Fulham feet. Looking forward to Barnet Lets hope we can maintain our awesome away record from last season.

• Bean, Sido and Harriman were all very good tonight, I think McGinn was brilliant in the middle without doing anything spectacular. We were just unlucky that every time a decent chance fell in the box, it was always at Stewarts feet.

• Fulham edged the first half, but we were the better team in the second half despite their goal on the break.

I walked away from the game feeling very happy actually, and confident about our chances of promotion this season.

• It is our strength in depth this season which will hold us in good sted. Last year we suffered with injuries at the crucial time. Last night all the players who didn't get a chance on Saturday, looked more than capable. The competition for places in all areas of the pitch is a healthy thing, the challenge for Gaz now is keeping everybody happy.

• @Fit2drop Thompson was excellent on Saturday.

• @SurreyWanderer I really don't know what our best team is yet. Gareth Ainsworth will obviously have seen a lot more of the squad, so will be far better informed. But the strength in depth (albeit on the context of a small squad) seems really impressive

• Massively optimistic about our prospects. Roll on Saturday.

• Incredible energy and commitment. Harriman and Bean relentless second half. Hope "knocks" to Pierre (on Saturday), Stewart (late in last night's game), Rowe and Jacobson (both limping, apparently) aren't too serious.

• And the Fulham fans said we were the physical ones!

• Harriman should definitely start at Barnet. He was really good last night. Deserves a place in starting 11.