Skip to content

Quick FA Cup Quiz

Ahead of Wednesday's game I reckon that the mighty Chairboys have played at 4 grounds that have been used at some time for FA cup finals or replays Can you name them ?

Comments

• Bramall Lane. Oakhill? Wembley obvs

• Maine Road

• Villa Park, Hillsborough, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge ?

• Hillsborough?

• Wembley, Wembley, Stamford Bridge, White Hart Lane?

• More than 4 surely

• edited November 2019

OK Wembley of course - how could i forget that

• edited November 2019

Ayresome Park - or was that the Amateur Cup?

• Bramall Lane, Stamford Bridge, Wembley
    Is there really a 4th one?

• Just loked it up...reckon only the 3 @Doob has suggested..

• Makes sense if you count both Wembley Stadiums.

• One of you has 3 right but you have all missed one

• Highbury

• Would suggest Crystal Palace was not Selhurst

• Your right It was the old Crystal Palace exhibition ground latterly the site of the Athletics Ground not Selhurst so not one of the 4

• Am counting Wembley as just one

• Did we used to play Corinthian Casuals at the Oval?
    I have vague recollections that they played there for a couple of years (50’s/60’s)

• The Oval v Corinthian Casuals

• excellent quiz question

• Yes your right Bookertease and LX1 the 4 are Wembley , Bramall Lane , Stamford Bridge and the Oval I was there around 1972 when we played Corinthian Casuals in an league game. A bizzare venue for football in winter with about 200 there.

• Sorry and you Twizz

• For 49 years I've thought the 1970 replay Leeds v Chelsea had been played at Hillsborough, turns out it was Old Trafford.
    Not only a fun quiz but helped correct a wrong memory.

• Didn’t realise it was as recent as 1972. Wonder how many years they played there? They were nomads. I have vague (probably wrong) recollections of seeing them play us at Dulwich and Tooting in the mid-70s

• Yes correct I think they went back there for one season ie 72/73 having played there years before I think they could only play there Saturday's as the Oval had no lights And by then all clubs had them. I vaguely remember a 2 o clock kick off time that afternoon. The teams came out of the Pavillion and crossed over to the far side of the ground. The managers stood on the touchline like a Sunday League game Weird to have seen us play there and later places !iike Wembley Villa Park and White Hart Lane. How boring to have followed a club who have spent all their time at the top of the football tree.

• Superb quiz question..and great reminices from the Oval

• I originally misread the question as being FA Cup semi-finals! Great question though.

• @AlanCecil said:
    I originally misread the question as being FA Cup semi-finals! Great question though.

Me too - bizarre

• Was always doing that at school. Glad you enjoyed the question.