Skip to content

Match day thread: Tranmere

Comments

• Getting kicked up in the air a lot might influence decision. These commentators are idiots. They keep.saying allsopp.is a commanding presence and has kept clean sheets as if that is enough for Wycombe fans!

• @georgesims said:

@micra said:
    All three changes from last week have proved telling. Grimmer on fire. Kashket a bloody nuisance (and on a knife edge). Akinfenwa just Akinfenwa.

I fear for Kashket’s shins. Will GA do a Leasing.com and replace him with Smyth for the second half?

Replace him?! He’s been fucking fantastic this game

Oh Georgie Georgie.... you are a bit biased, hes been ok, not sure I'd say "fucking fantastic"

• @HolmerBlue said:

@georgesims said:

@micra said:
    All three changes from last week have proved telling. Grimmer on fire. Kashket a bloody nuisance (and on a knife edge). Akinfenwa just Akinfenwa.

I fear for Kashket’s shins. Will GA do a Leasing.com and replace him with Smyth for the second half?

Oh Georgie Georgie.... you are a bit biased, hes been ok, not sure I'd say "fucking fantastic"

Opinions are opinions but fact, he was superb today - people who aren’t even Wycombe fans are commenting on how talented he is

• Do they think the Beast is injured? Do they not realise that he just doesn't run?

• Commentator also doesn’t know the difference between less and fewer.

• Yep, that's a big mark against his name.

• Mr Fenway seems to.be moving slowly. Tranmere look a good side as well. Defending has been excellent second half and still had a couple of chances in the break.

• I thought Scotty seemed uncharacteristically niggly and moany today. Perhaps it's just the closeups and I'm too far away to see it usually.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I thought Scotty seemed uncharacteristically niggly and moany today. Perhaps it's just the closeups and I'm too far away to see it usually.

Georgie isn't going to like that comment Wendover ! .... but I agree

• Easy. Nice of Sky to stick around for post-match coverage too. Oh wait...

• @Wendoverman said:
    I thought Scotty seemed uncharacteristically niggly and moany today. Perhaps it's just the closeups and I'm too far away to see it usually.

He was getting taken down the whole time, can imagine it getting frustrating when your getting nothing for it mate

• Our defence today was incredible

• @georgesims said:
    Our defence today was incredible

Now I do agree with you on that, they were superb

• Disaster of a day for the b)s

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Malone said:
    Spent 30mins trying to get the game, but well worth it for that last 4mins!!

Cannot beat a goal on the stroke of half time

Where did you get it in the end? Drawn a blank on finding a stream that actually works

Might have to brave the local boozer for the second half

Sorry just saw this, but one someone said earlier, cricfree. Did find it there earlier, but had no sound and was very stubborn at allowing full screen as well! Usual places just had utterly impossible to bypass ads!

• How fortunate are we to have a fit Darius Charles this season. What a warrior! Also, Blooms continues to show how important he is.

• @georgesims said:

@Wendoverman said:

He was getting taken down the whole time, can imagine it getting frustrating when your getting nothing for it mate

I Know he was being closely marked but he was playing up a bit which I think is what influenced the ref into not giving a pen. I like SK a lot not sure that was his best performance myself.

• @georgesims said:

@micra said:

At last, conclusive proof that George Sims isn't Scott Kashket. I thought there might be a 2% chance he was - no one can be that much of a superfan and Kashket does like to wind up the other players, apparently. But even Super Scotty can't be in two places at once...

• @georgesims said:

@micra said:

He must have done his fantastic stuff in the first 30mins as he just looked solid in my time from 30 to his replacement.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Anyone know of a safe streaming site to watch the game at home? Don't have Sky and nearest pub is an Oxford Utd stronghold.

Sorry mate i meant to put Strem Watch then you choose what sport you want, just don't put it on full screen as it sticks.

• @georgesims said:
    Our defence today was incredible

Too right and still had a couple of breaks. Great performance.

• First team to win by 2+ goals at Prenton Park in the league this season (including Tranmere).

• @aloysius said:

@georgesims said:

@micra said:

At last, conclusive proof that George Sims isn't Scott Kashket. I thought there might be a 2% chance he was - no one can be that much of a superfan and Kashket does like to wind up the other players, apparently. But even Super Scotty can't be in two places at once...

Originally tought he was a mate or a brother or something, but I think he's just an old style fan boy.

• But what a solid win - seen out magnificently in the second half.

Top of the league, again, maybe temporarily, but a 7 point gap over 3rd.

Onto the cup midweek.

• Win on Saturday and we'll go into the Ipswich game able to go six clear.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Easy. Nice of Sky to stick around for post-match coverage too. Oh wait...

I'm sure most people watching wanted to watch national anthems at the euros rather than hear what the managers or the man of the match had to say about the live match that had just finished!?

• @chairboyscentral, did they even make an apology or say anything to explain the sudden switch? I went to get another beer from the fridge once they showed the table and when I came back 30 seconds later it been replaced by this Luxembourg v Portugal dross.

• @Twizz Nah, they just cut to the 'credits' quicker than you'd have been able to pull the lid off the bottle.

• edited November 2019

That's streams for you, fellas... just be glad the whole game was on!