Skip to content

Google API

Just a quick question about the google API requirement - the link on the registration page gets a 404 'page cannot be displayed' error. I got an API key created on my google account but there doesn't seem to be any way of entering the key generated into the registration form.
Is there a general dummy's guide for using this method of registration?

Comments

• This was one of the things I missed when setting the forum up, the message was actually aimed at me rather than you. I've since installed the reCaptcha API so this message should no longer be there.
  • I suspected that might have been the case. If there's anyone around here who needs a dummy's guide, it's probably me!
  • Dear DrCongo: How do I answer a specific comment rather than just put a comment at the end of a thread? ta.
  • @FrijidPink You can @ mention people, but that multi-nesting thing that the old forum used to do is gone I'm afraid.
  • Re: Dear DrCongo: How do I answer a specific comment rather than just put a comment at the end of a thread? ta.

Or do what I have above, copy and paste the comment and put Re: in from of it. Think that works on a specific comment.
  • edited February 2015
    @drcongo Is there a way to remove a photo from my profile? I can see how to change it, but not take it away.

Or even better, is there an option to not see any photos at all?
  • Re: @drcongo Is there a way to remove a photo from my profile? I can see how to change it, but not take it away.

Or even better, is there an option to not see any photos at all?

You look remarkably similar to Gareth Ainsworth
  • Aye. And DrCongo looks like Dave Carroll, painted badly.
  • How do I change my username back, it seems to be stuck on my Twitter thing.
  • @PAULDAV36042318 I can change it for you, message me with what you want it to be.
    @Chris I don't think there's a way to remove your profile picture, but I think the prevailing opinion is that we'd all be better off without avatars anyway so I'm going to hack things to remove them.
  • Is anyone else having problems logging in via a second device?
    I set up my account on my phone last night, but can't log in on my work computer.
    I've made sure I was logged out on the phone, but still no joy.
    Ideally I don't want to work all day instead of Gasrooming, and I can't afford to quit 'work' and stay home all day.
  • @Weegie I'm currently logged in on 4 separate devices without issue. Anything odd about your work computer?
  • Hmmmm, probably just its operator.
    If anyone can make a simple task difficult, I'm yer fella.
    Cheers!
  • No Im Fine, Work PC, phone and laptop all ok.
  • I've just had an issue logging in on my work PC. For some reason it only let me log on using my Username, wouldn't let me use my email address. Maybe try that?
  • Nope, my laptop is still not having it. I've tried every combination under the sun but computer still says "NO".
  • drcongo can you please alter my username ?

• @The_Artist_Formerly_Known_As_pageywwfc said:
    drcongo can you please alter my username ?

Done.

• Cheers mate!

• edited February 2015

@Weegie sounds like your employers might have something installed on the laptop that makes it go through a proxy that may intentionally or inadvertently prevent signings in like that work. If so there's not much you can do!