Skip to content

Match day thread: Tranmere (FA Cup)

Comments

• @mooneyman said:
    I want to vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Suggesting we play Dom Gape in goal might be a reasonable substitute.

• If we lose on Sunday I will be disappointed (though obviously not surprised). If we get knocked out on Wednesday I’ll be gutted (ditto) So b).

I would also hazard a guess that the likely result will reflect the age demographic of the Gasroom. I would confidently predict that those voting a) are younger than 43 and those of us voting b) 44 of over. @LX1 id an outrider obviously - wise beyond his years

• 12-3, I think. It's difficult to keep up

• @bookertease said:
    If we lose on Sunday I will be disappointed (though obviously not surprised). If we get knocked out on Wednesday I’ll be gutted (ditto) So b).

I would also hazard a guess that the likely result will reflect the age demographic of the Gasroom. I would confidently predict that those voting a) are younger than 43 and those of us voting b) 44 of over. @LX1 id an outrider obviously - wise beyond his years

Definitely onto something there.

• edited November 2019

Option B - no contest. It's the FA Cup.

• If you could only have one: a cup tie v a 'top six' club or promotion?

• Oi! Stop hijacking the poll

(13-3)

• @chairboyscentral said:
    If you could only have one: a cup tie v a 'top six' club or promotion?

We've had big cup ties recently too, but no Wycombe fan has ever experienced promotion to the championship

• This is all going to look a bit silly when lose both...

• This is so obviously a B.

Football romance argument - it's a B

@DevC boring finance argument - it's a B

@chairboyscentral promotion argument - funds from cup run allow us to strengthen as needed in January. So, slightly surprisingly, it's a B as well

• @OakwoodExile said:
    This is so obviously a B.

Football romance argument - it's a B

@DevC boring finance argument - it's a B

@chairboyscentral promotion argument - funds from cup run allow us to strengthen as needed in January. So, slightly surprisingly, it's a B as well

If the funds raised are actually reinvested into the squad in January (eg allowing us to keep Aarons or another high quality loan), then you might have swung my vote, that'd be worth 3 points over half a season.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    This is all going to look a bit silly when lose both...

How rude!

A 3 v 14 B

• @bookertease said:
    If we lose on Sunday I will be disappointed (though obviously not surprised). If we get knocked out on Wednesday I’ll be gutted (ditto) So b).

Why is 43 the cut-off? And you’re wrong in at least one case, although by not as much as I’d like.

• @bookertease said:

Confidently? Lol.
    I'm under 43 and went b. And i couldn't give a toss about mk, change strips, crisps, ticket priority. While still really trying to avoid the singing gang, hating all talk of limbs and disapprove of clattering 5 year olds and old women into metal railings.

But..the fa cup 3rd draw is probably the best part of the season.

If you're in it!

• @Username said:

@chairboyscentral said:

We've had big cup ties recently too, but no Wycombe fan has ever experienced promotion to the championship

Was the fa cup run before your time? Id guess yes by your posts.

• B for me. The cup match is our biggest game of the season so far by a mile.

• ...as it's the first time I've been able to watch us live on the telly can we at least lose 4-3 in extra time or I might as well go and watch Last Christmas with the family?

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I remember it well, went to almost every game.

• I narrowly missed it - first game 2003.

• It's a rugby score

• @Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

@chairboyscentral said:

You must remember how magical it was then! I'd put it above even promotions.

• Obviously when we now lose the Tranmere game on Sunday it's all Mr Eric's fault!

• Asides from anything else, I think losing to Tranmere in the cup could have much more adverse effects than losing to them in the league, where we're doing great no matter what the result on Sunday.

• Why is 43 the cut-off? And you’re wrong in at least one case, although by not as much as I’d like.

Just a random figure plucked out the air as I wasn’t exactly being that serious

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

@chairboyscentral said:

You must remember how magical it was then! I'd put it above even promotions.

I'd put it above any league 2 to league 1 promotion, and if I hadn't already experienced it I'd probably agree.

• @Malone Under 43? Bloody hell. From my reading of your posts I had you older than me. Sorry about that!

• @bookertease said:

Why is 43 the cut-off? And you’re wrong in at least one case, although by not as much as I’d like.

Just a random figure plucked out the air as I wasn’t exactly being that serious

I wonder what age you can put cut offs on things?

Like the age that you realise being on a terrace isn't "real", it's actually sh!t.

Terrible view, the way someone will just bundle into space 30secs before kick off, that you've held for 90mins, having drummers near you, it being a hassle to get to the pissery, or actually leave etc..

• @bookertease said:
    @Malone Under 43? Bloody hell. From my reading of your posts I had you older than me. Sorry about that!

That's just my super mature outlook on life ;)