Skip to content

Local(ish) games this Sat (Nov 16th)

With Wycombe playing at Tranmere on Sunday there’s a spare afternoon this coming Saturday. You could do some early Christmas shopping but if you want to save money I’d suggest taking in a local game. Here’s a selection:

HELLENIC LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Burnham v Lydney Town
Flackwell Heath v Shrivenham Town
Holmer Green v Tuffley Rovers

HELLENIC LEAGUE DIV 1 EAST:

Long Crendon v Milton United
Marlow United v Chalvey Sports
Risborough Rangers v Abingdon Town

NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH:

Brackley Town v Darlington

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Hemel Hempstead Town v Weymouth

SOUTHERN LGE PREM DIV SOUTH:

Beaconsfield Town v Yate Town

SOUTHERN LGE DIV ONE CENTRAL:

Aylesbury United v Bedworth Town
(at Chesham United FC)
Berkhamsted v St Neots Town

With the weather being a bit dodgy at the moment it’s always worth checking social media or ringing the clubs concerned to check the game is going ahead.

Please post a short report if you’re going to a game. Some interesting local games and I’m sure these clubs would love to see you there.

Comments

• I'll be in Liverpool if anyone's up for a pub crawl!

• edited November 2019

I believe Risborough Rangers v Abingdon Town is not now taking place on Saturday. RR will be at Penn & Tylers Green in the Berks & Bucks Trophy (KO 2pm). Also (and I am being serious here) Hemel Hempstead v Weymouth has been postponed - due to international call-ups.

• @Buzz Thank you for your very helpful post! Hemel’s game at Chippenham the following Tuesday is also off. So scrub Hemel off the list & get to Risborough Rangers at 2pm if you fancy that!

• Sorry, it’s Penn & T.G. v Risborough Rangers at Penn as you say.

• Winslow Utd 2-1 London Tigers - Spartan South Midlands League Division 1

Winslow had won their last six league games, Southall based Tigers were unbeaten in their last five, which led to a rather unexciting goalless first half, ended by an amusing incident when a Winslow player taking a throw-in, threw it at the back of his teammate's head to get the return. Foul given, heated discussion between the two players, and the ref and lino. "It's not illegal, I saw it happen in the Premier League." Lino: "The best thing you can do is shut up."

The second half was much better, Winslow took the lead on 49 minutes (Woolley), bit of a scramble, but Tigers continually tested the home keeper, Mike Chalmers, who pulled off several great saves. He has only just joined them, a replacement for Luke Ashmead who is about to have knee surgery.

The Tigers got a deserved equaliser on 88 minutes but Winslow scored a 90+1 winner (King) , much to the delight of the crowd, 85 in number.

Videos of the goals: