Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• And of course the original ringing the blues started at the same time of our original ascent thru the leagues.

• @floyd said:
    And of course the original ringing the blues started at the same time of our original ascent thru the leagues.

Really? Thought it was much earlier or is my mind playing tricks thinking our relegation from the conference was confirmed by that service.

• it's all covered by Hutch in the episode in which he is interviewed

Well worth a listen

• edited November 2019

Brilliant to see RTB nominated for the FSA's Club Podcast of the Year https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fsa-awards-2019-shortlists-announced/

• Sadly we cannot vote for RTB.
    The FSA say "Club Podcast is decided by a panel of FSA judges to give the ones from smaller clubs a fairer shot."
    Good luck.

• Congrats Phil. If it doesn't win I'll be gobsmacked.

• Just delighted to be nominated alongside some established pods, but hoping to maintain the 100% record over City (EFL).

• Well done Phil, a thoroughly deserved nomination. Any idea who’s on the judging panel?

• What brilliant, and thoroughly deserved recognition

Well done Phil

• @glasshalffull said:
    Well done Phil, a thoroughly deserved nomination. Any idea who’s on the judging panel?

Cheers AP! No idea. Hopefully they speak Spanish...

• Well deserved Phil. Kevin Miles is a Geordie so the post-Sunderland episode may be a trump card!

• Always a winning Podcast IMHO Phil and congratulations on the nomination. We're lucky to count you as 'one of our own'!

• Thoroughly deserved.

I hope you win.

• I've just checked out the opposition, this is insane.

• Some of the others are really established, I'd heard of them without having any interest in the clubs. Shows how high the quality is of ours to be nominated, and fully deserved.

• Good luck Phil.

• Congratulations Phil! Just another example of how lucky we are at the moment as Wycombe fans. It’s the only football podcast I listen to - it would be easy to take it for granted and assume that all other clubs have podcasts of such high quality. Much appreciated.

• testament to its quality. Well done, Phil.

• Well done Phil - I was thinking after Episode 10 (the Dobbo and Andrew Howard interviews) that it was the best podcast episode I’d ever listened to (I listen to lots!). I’m so glad to see you getting the recognition you deserve - even more impressive given you’re only 11 episodes in.

• edited November 2019

I don’t know if it will register with the judges, but that play-off commentary and the music which follows is a truly inspired intro, and gets me ‘in the mood’ every single time! Content has been consistently top drawer too. Bravo, Señor...

• @LeedsBlue said:
    I don’t know if it will register with the judges, but that play-off commentary and the music which follows is a truly inspired intro, and gets me ‘in the mood’ every single time! Content has been consistently top drawer too. Bravo, Señor...

Re Club Podcast Of The Year...‘could go all the way here’

• It’s an unbelievable achievement just to get nominated. Very well deserved and very well done indeed.

• felicidades Phil, bien merecido, podcast superior

• Absolutely fully deserved nomination. Huge Congratulations Phil. I echo LeedsBlue that the intro is inspired, always takes me back to that day at Wembley when I was just a child. I listen to literally dozens of different Podcasts and genuinely there are not many with such high quality production and content. And almost none from such early episodes, and certainly no football related ones. Brilliant stuff Phil!

• I can only echo everyone else's sentiments. The quality of both production and content is superb and we are very lucky to have the podcast!

@bluntphil do you have any stats on how many listeners you are getting so far?

• @bluntphil Nice one Phil, great achievement

• edited November 2019

Thanks everybody for the kind words, not just about the nomination which was a total surprise, but for all the support since RTB started out.

The intro was always going to feature Hutch as a hats off for his sterling work and for me nicking the RTB name. Originally, I wanted to use Colourbox's Official World Cup Theme as the music for the fond memories of Loakes Park, but I couldn't afford it as I put the pod together on a budget of zero.

My mate Dave runs a little label and sent me an upcoming release - Closer by Club Paradise, which was perfect. Their is something great about the British guitar music and football combination.

In terms of listener numbers, it's been pretty consistent from day one at about 700 listeners per episode. Due to the zero budget, my marketing consists of posting it on here, twitter and the WW Fans Facebook page. I noticed yesterday that people have been rating it and leaving reviews on Apple Podcasts which I think helps raise it's profile, so thanks to whoever has done that too. if you fancy joining in... https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ringing-the-blues/id1475435664?i=1000455869197

I think it was @Thicketblue who asked me about how to reach our older fans who aren't on social media... any suggestions from 'the creative hub of Britain' (copyright @Oilysailor) will be gratefully received

• @bluntphil said:
    Thanks everybody for the kind words, not just about the nomination which was a total surprise, but for all the support since RTB started out.

The intro was always going to feature Hutch as a hats off for his sterling work and for me nicking the RTB name. Originally, I wanted to use Colourbox's Official World Cup Theme as the music for the fond memories of Loakes Park, but I couldn't afford it as I put the pod together on a budget of zero.

My mate Dave runs a little label and sent me an upcoming release - Closer by Club Paradise, which was perfect. Their is something great about the British guitar music and football combination.

In terms of listener numbers, it's been pretty consistent from day one at about 700 listeners per episode. Due to the zero budget, my marketing consists of posting it on here, twitter and the WW Fans Facebook page. I noticed yesterday that people have been rating it and leaving reviews on Apple Podcasts which I think helps raise it's profile, so thanks to whoever has done that too. if you fancy joining in... https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ringing-the-blues/id1475435664?i=1000455869197

I think it was @Thicketblue who asked me about how to reach our older fans who aren't on social media... any suggestions from 'the creative hub of Britain' (copyright @Oilysailor) will be gratefully received

Advertising on the big screen before &during the game would probably be the best way to contact the dinosaurs, maybe a shout out or two from Matt Cecil on the mic. In the programme / around the ground as well.

The nomination would be a great excuse to make a big effort to expand the listening numbers.

• Perhaps Wycombe Sound could be persuaded to find room in their schedule to play it as a show once a week?