Skip to content

Ipswich tickets are 27 quid!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• The problem with playing these "big" clubs isn't it.

When Premier league aways are capped at £30, £27 seems a bit of a stretch.

• edited November 2019

Crazy that there isn't a cap in the EFL. Also, there's no consistency in the age group categories. I could get away with 23, but I'm sure it's 21 at some clubs and that would be pushing it.

• Very unimpressed. Have written to Ipswich. Anyone who would like to do the same, text is reproduced below:

To whom it may concern,

I am a Wycombe Wanderers fan, looking forward to the inaugural meeting of Wycombe and Ipswich in the football league, and the possibility of a trip to Portman Road. Since the original fixture was postponed due to international call-ups, this is now going to take place on a Tuesday night, as you know, the 26th November. This make the journey more difficult, but I was still considering making the trip - both sides are doing well, and it would have been a new ground for me to visit.

Here's the problem. The ticket information has just been released for this fixture, and your club is charging £27 for away supporters. £27! For a third division football match! Regardless of how that sits in within the rest of the division, (and I simply make the point that Sunderland AFC, with a vastly bigger and more impressive stadium and infrastructure charge £20 for away fans, Portsmouth FC with a comparable size stadium charge £23) it seems patently unfair that when Ipswich fans travel to Adams Park for the return fixture, they will only be charged £21. In other words, it's 29% more expensive for Wycombe fans to watch the same fixture in Wycombe, and that's without beginning to consider the inconvenience of Ipswich Town postponing this fixture for a Tuesday night, making travel and all the rest much more complex and disruptive.

I suspect you won't reconsider your pricing, although I think you should. I suspect most people will not bother to write, and if they don't - how would you ever hear their discontent? But you've made my decision for me. I won't travel. I'll not contribute (as I would have done) to your matchday revenue with ticket, food, or drink. Instead, I'll watch the game on Ifollow, and most of the money will go to supporting my club. There will just be an empy seat where you could have had one more person contributing both revenue and to the atmosphere that everyone enjoys. It's such a shame, and it seems so unnecessary.

Yours Faithfully,

• £10 on ifollow with £8 going to Wycombe may well be hard to resist for this one.

• Overall, an excellent letter. Only question I have is about the wording of the bit about it being 29% more for Wycombe fans to watch the same fixture in Wycombe. Might just be me.

• I feel better about ifollow, now I know £8 goes to the club.

• £28.50 if you want it posted.

Home tickets start at £23....

• Wasn’t the figure that puzzled me but the suggestion that it is more expensive for Wycombe fans to watch the same fixture in Wycombe. All academic. I’m going nowhere!

• edited November 2019

@micra said:
    Wasn’t the figure that puzzled me but the suggestion that it is more expensive for Wycombe fans to watch the same fixture in Wycombe. All academic. I’m going nowhere!

29% more expensive for Wycombe fans at Portman Road than it will be for Ipswich fans at Adams Park? I guess it was a typo.

• Maybe. Can’t really get my head round it, partly because I’ve no real incentive. But a key part of the letter so needs to be clear.
    I think the club will have no doubt about fans’ feelings which is the main issue.

• @micra said:
    Maybe. Can’t really get my head round it, partly because I’ve no real incentive. But a key part of the letter so needs to be clear.
    I think the club will have no doubt about fans’ feelings which is the main issue.

Pretty sure they would have known fans' feelings when they set the prices, they just chose to try and squeeze as much money out of visiting fans as possible

• @yorkyblue said:
    I feel better about ifollow, now I know £8 goes to the club.

Yep, that's why I wouldn't complain to them when the commentary doesn't match the footage, or the 10mins of interference one week.

• We'll have to get used to this now we're a glamour club.

• £600k+ of running losses has to be chipped away pretty sharpish.

This is what we voted for. We need to give the Couhigs some time and not cry foul at the first sign of commercial nouse.

• We didn't vote for Ipswich's pricing strategy.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    £600k+ of running losses has to be chipped away pretty sharpish.

This is what we voted for. We need to give the Couhigs some time and not cry foul at the first sign of commercial nouse.

Do you understand what is going on here?
    Or have you misread this as being the home game price?

• Couhigs out!

• Bring back Sharkie!

• Everybody out!! (Oh.....wasn't that 'The Rag Trade' slogan?)

• Is it the case that club's can't discriminate against away fans over ticket prices? If so, you have to feel sorry for Ipswich fans paying £27 every home game to watch Division 3 football.

• @Malone said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    £600k+ of running losses has to be chipped away pretty sharpish.

Do you understand what is going on here?
    Or have you misread this as being the home game price?

Oops. Sorry, misread as for the home game.

• Shame we cant raise the prices for the return game but thats not allowed.

• @Twizz said:
    Is it the case that club's can't discriminate against away fans over ticket prices? If so, you have to feel sorry for Ipswich fans paying £27 every home game to watch Division 3 football.

Nope, adult tickets for home fans start at £23.

• I thought there was a rule, but it's for 'equivalent acommodation'. Those £23 seats are in the lower tiers. I think all ours are in the upper Cobbold, which start at £27 for home fans too.

• Bit naughty of Ipswich, but a taster of what's ahead in the big time next year!

• Ever the optimist, pop.

• Here was the perfunctory response:

Thanks for your thoughts regarding our matchday prices which we will take on board.

Naturally as a recently relegated Club our prices have historically been higher as we have been in a higher division.

Our prices will be reviewed again at the end of the season.

• And if promoted at the end of the season they will justify price rises for next season on the basis that this season's prices were for a lower division.

• That middle paragraph seems particularly crass.

• Paragraphs 2 and 3 are just nonsense, when read together. As a recently relegated club, their prices should have been reviewed immediately following relegation to a lower level.

Thieving bastards.