Skip to content

Analysis: Wycombe 1-0 Shrewsbury

Comments

• 'Pre-assisted' ???

• edited November 2019

It's a real term (the pass before an assist) and he did get it absolutely on the money for Charles to flick on. Maybe more relevant from open play, but it's another useful indicator in gauging a player's overall contribution.

• Good stuff. Can I just request people stop mentioning Wimbledon even in jest. It's too much opposition fan fodder. We may not be the prettiest but we are not a cheating, violent team in the mould of Fash the Bash and Vinnie Jones.

• Great read as ever. These are a very welcome addition to the experience of being a Wycombe fan, especially this of all seasons.

Come May you will be able to release the lot as the in-depth story of how Wycombe reached the Championship

• @eric_plant said:
    Great read as ever. These are a very welcome addition to the experience of being a Wycombe fan, especially this of all seasons.

Come May you will be able to release the lot as the in-depth story of how Wycombe reached the Championship

Thanks! And I hadn't thought of that, but I may have to.

• Agreed, it's great stuff. I'm a bit of a stats geek as well, and this very much helps to satisfy my thirst for numbers.

• The fact that @chairboyscentral is only in his mid twenties makes it all the more admirable that he has such an intense and intelligent interest in all things Wycombe. Takes me back to a lad we all knew as “Wally” (Steve Maguire) who always had a pocket book in hand, scribbling down names and other details at every game. A walking encyclopaedia.

• Haha, I'm sure there are much better historians, but I'm definitely interested in the statistical side of the game. There's a really good network of lower league fans, writers, podcasters etc. on Twitter, which is really useful for finding out about other teams and keeping track of them. I'm not at the stage of taking a notebook to games yet; I'm too busy celebrating/getting exasperated with refs/queuing at the kiosk.

• It was Ro-Shaun Williams who was sent off, not Omar Beckles. Williams inexperienced in his first full season, Beckles has been around the block a bit.

• Thanks. Changed it!