Skip to content

Scott Kashket

13»

Comments

• @Username No worries! I believe Parker is actually on a two-year deal.

• @drcongo said:
    I'm surprised so many are putting Aarons ahead of Fred / Smyth / Kashket. He may have Premier League experience, but I've not seen that much of it on the pitch.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I also find myself very excited at the prospect of what he will offer once fully up to speed. He produced some flashes of quality at Rotherham, but unfortunately they were usually to kill the ball dead just in time for a Rotherham player to nick if off his feet!

• Amazing days I really like all our attacking options Kash however is finding the net

• GA has rotated really well, sometimes by necessity, and the fact we have lost one game shows how much everyone has stepped up.

• Kashket is a special lad, we are lucky to have him

• Agreed one of my favourite ever Wycombe players.

• When Smyth is back God help any defences who don't like being run at if we ever start both of them.

• Especially with Rolando and Fred as subs!

• When Scotty gets on the ball, I feel a sense of excitement and anticipation, like I used to feel when Carroll, Guppy and Steve Thompson had the ball at their feet.

Same applies to Sido, in a slightly different way because of the defensive nature of his role. The main reason I am going tonight is to see Sido play.

• It was this cup that Kashket first emerged wasn't it?

Showing his superb ability to use his massive acceleration to get onto either bad backpasses or long passes.

Tonight, with Samuel, Fred and Smyth all out and Bayo certain to be rested, he might well get another start.

• are we sure that Smyth will be out tonight ? surely perfect match for him to gain match fitness?

• From what I gathered on Saturday, Smyth will be in the squad.

• @Malone said:
    It was this cup that Kashket first emerged wasn't it?

Showing his superb ability to use his massive acceleration to get onto either bad backpasses or long passes.

Tonight, with Samuel, Fred and Smyth all out and Bayo certain to be rested, he might well get another start.

I seem to remember a Tuesday night game where he came on as sub and scored twice (we scored 4 I think that night)

Can't remember who it was against though, but it wouldn't have been the JPT/checkatrade/whatever trophy as I wouldn't have been there

• @eric_plant said:

@Malone said:

I seem to remember a Tuesday night game where he came on as sub and scored twice (we scored 4 I think that night)

Can't remember who it was against though, but it wouldn't have been the JPT/checkatrade/whatever trophy as I wouldn't have been there

5-1 win at home to Crewe most probably

• yes it was, I just checked

2016/2017 season

The attendance that night? 2,572

• @eric_plant said:
    yes it was, I just checked

2016/2017 season

The attendance that night? 2,572

Ouch. Dark times.

• edited November 2019

We got nearly 5,000 on Sat for an 'ordinary' looking fixture in atrocious conditions - a 5% increase on the corresponding fixture last year, which was also in the middle of a great run of home form, at the same time of year, and played in much better conditions.

But Glasshalffull complains.

• @eric_plant said:

@Malone said:

Yep, you're right.
    I was there, but only remembered his impact in the other cup. He scored in the midweek of the Crewe game, and in the 3rd game of the round robin as well.

15 that season, seemingly over a very small amount of months.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    We got nearly 5,000 on Sat for an 'ordinary' looking fixture in atrocious conditions - a 5% increase on the corresponding fixture last year, which was also in the middle of a great run of home form, at the same time of year, and played in much better conditions.

But Glasshalffull complains.

Good point well made @LeedsBlue, however, both my wife and I commented on Saturday that it looked a lot quieter and it was a shame the attendance didn't seem as high. I certainly didn't take @glasshalffull's comments to be complaining, just observational and a little disappointing.

• @ValleyWanderer Yes, it looked a lot quieter than a near-full house the previous match. It was always going to. And of course, as there are always people who have to, or choose to select games, this is another factor in the comparison. Yet still the attendance was up on the corresponding fixture last year. The club website are even making the point that our attendances are generally up 10% on this time last year (I do note the position of the Sunderland and Portsmouth home matches in the relative calendars, of course!)

It just seemed a bit odd that a journalist, famed for over-egging the positives, chooses a moment of great positivity to deliver a negative verdict on the (in context, not particularly negative) attendance.

I take the point that it can feel disappointing, because I'm sure we all want to be watching games in front of 8,000 plus every week, as it would seriously help our sustainability and would be just reward for the playing staff and management for achieving the No.1 spot in the League. But I think December 29th and January 1st will deliver.

Anyway, fingers crossed for a decent day and decent crowd against Donny. Now let's return from my derailment to the wonderful attributes of 'The Little Genius'...

• You obviously never used to read the man's programme notes!

• Think that's a bit harsh.

I was pretty disappointed with the attendance Saturday as well, shows quite how hard it is to get people along to run of the mill league games even if we're top of the league.

• It was also raining cats, dogs and grouse...

• More partridges I believe...

• Fewer than in the past. Lord Carrington must be cutting back.

• For balance I too was disappointed with the attendance on Saturday, not least because I'd predicted about 1000 more than actually turned out!
    The appearance of the partridges in the second half was one of the high points of the afternoon. They really should be our official team animal mascot. Sorry Bluey.