Skip to content

Adam's Park attendance breakdown

Some great stats and numbers so far. Positivity reigns and with the wins and table position it should keep improving really. Any new ideas og bumping the crowds even more?

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/november/chairboys-on-the-rise/

Comments

• Hats off to the club for countering @glasshalffull 's negativity so swiftly!

• A double digit percentage increase in average attendance is great but still some people want more.
    I think it's a great news story to be celebrated. Well done us.

• edited November 2019

@eric_plant said:
    Hats off to the club for countering @glasshalffull 's negativity so swiftly!

Hang on Eric, I was talking about the attendance for the Shrewsbury game. I’m fully aware that our overall gates have risen. Anyway, it makes a nice change to be accused of being negative!

• We can't really get the full picture till nearer the end of the season. For instance, we have already played Sunderland and Portsmouth, so last season will have the opportunity to "catch up" a little.

That being said, from a statistically inclined friend's analysis, I believe we are still up by 6-7% on the same games from last year (though played at different times, etc), so the news is still good!

• I assume we'll give Ipswich the Beechdean. Even with the big name opposition, you'd expect a lower attendance on NYD, especially as it's on telly.

• Actually not sure even that is true, @shev.
    Ignoring the "glamour" ties of Pompey and Sunderland, last three games (home v last year)
    Shrewsbury +7% (same time of year both sat)
    Peterborough +0% (same time of year, both sat)
    Accy -7% (Sep this year, Mar last both tues)

southend -8% (aug this year sep last - may not be fair comparison
    Mk, Lincoln and Bolton not played last year.

Total last three compared to last year +0%

No real sign of improving attendances for the "standard" matches yet.

• Maybe you could attend occasionally Mr DevC ? ?

Standard,Glamour or Galatico, but still nothing could make you turn up.
    It does make me wonder, what kind of individual spend hours and hours on here
    pontificating,on every WWFC detail, but cant be bothered to ever make the trip to Adams Park.

• Can I just clarify what I meant by my disappointment at the attendance v Shrewsbury:
    We had just played two successive (A) games.
    The next (H) league game isn’t till November 23rd, 3 weeks away.
    We had the chance to go top of the table.
    We were defending an unbeaten (H) record.
    We had beaten Sunderland in the previous (H) game.
    In addition, we’d been informed of the near 95% vote in favour of the Couhig investment.
    Taking all that into consideration, I thought a gate of below 5,000 was disappointing. Not being negative, just being honest.

• It was a little bit disappointing but I’d have been more concerned if it had been a crisp, dry, autumnal day.

It really was a foul day to walk down Hillbottom Road. I know the weather was pretty bad a lot of places but for a lot of us who don’t park at the ground it is a long walk back to the car/station.

On a day like that and not particularly inspiring opposition (much as I quite like Shrewsbury) we are going to be reliant on our core supporters. If we can say that we have a core of 4500 who are happy to trudge through the rain on a Saturday in November to watch us, I’d say that’s a dramatic improvement on where we were a couple of years ago.

• Thanks @DevC. My friend saw this and also corrected me. He is comparing the current average to the season average from last year.

• @bookertease said:
    It was a little bit disappointing but I’d have been more concerned if it had been a crisp, dry, autumnal day.

It really was a foul day to walk down Hillbottom Road. I know the weather was pretty bad a lot of places but for a lot of us who don’t park at the ground it is a long walk back to the car/station.

On a day like that and not particularly inspiring opposition (much as I quite like Shrewsbury) we are going to be reliant on our core supporters. If we can say that we have a core of 4500 who are happy to trudge through the rain on a Saturday in November to watch us, I’d say that’s a dramatic improvement on where we were a couple of years ago.

Those are fair points Bookertease.