Skip to content

Ipswich have scouts out early!

comments from their fans watching out game yesterday....
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/468684/was-at-adams-park-today/#2

Wycombe have got a nice little team. Nothing outstanding, but well organised.

Stand out was the 2 centre backs and goalkeeper, which creates a solid backbone to the team.

They have a couple of tidy midfielders too.

With our 1st team out, we should be ok. But if Norwood, Downes or VY are out, it will be pretty even

Comments

• A pretty good assessment, except that I would argue that 33 points is outstanding!

• But we're shit

• edited November 2019

We should tell them we aren't little Wycombe anymore but Wycombe Worldwide Phenomena ....

spellcheck is my friend...

Perhaps we take a banner to Ipswich to put the point across...to unravel if we get any points....

incidently planning detour to the away game and then onto Preston for meetings the next day...seemed like the best route North to me!

Will have to check out parking too...fun..a new ground!

• They're not wrong about our centre halves. They both ooze class

• @eric_plant said:
    They're not wrong about our centre halves. They both ooze class

One bit of play yesterday was pure class from Darius, took it down out of the sky under pressure, avoided a tackle, turned and then picked out a forward pass to Grimmer with 2/3 players around him and all the "easy" options shut down. Every time I see him I'm more impressed.

• And people thought we were going to miss El-Abd...

• @chairboyscentral said:
    And people thought we were going to miss El-Abd...

Did they?

• I didn't - it was clear he wasn't really up to League One anymore imo - but I think a fair few did, judging by reaction to his departure at the time.

• @blue67 Ipswich to Preston is easy but check with the Highways Agency for overnight closures (0300-123-5000). A14 westbound from Ipswich to M1/M6 junction then M6 to Preston.

• Thanks..fingers crossed not a single lane road away from the ground so should be out of Ipswich before midnight!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I didn't - it was clear he wasn't really up to League One anymore imo - but I think a fair few did, judging by reaction to his departure at the time.

I was surprised at the suddenness of it more than anything else.

He's not even on the bench for Stevenage. I wonder what's going on.

• It's definitely one for the book Gareth writes in 20 years...

It's an incredible show of faith in Charles either way, and he's certainly repaying it, and long may that carry on!

• I thought it was clear for most of last season that he wasn’t as good as Sido, and Sido is a right back standing in. I think the only mistake Gareth made was making him captain before he’d kicked a ball for us, it sort of meant he then had to pick him. Also, I’m fussy about captains and always think it should be something you earn through long service.

• edited November 2019

@drcongo said:
    I thought it was clear for most of last season that he wasn’t as good as Sido, and Sido is a right back standing in. I think the only mistake Gareth made was making him captain before he’d kicked a ball for us, it sort of meant he then had to pick him. Also, I’m fussy about captains and always think it should be something you earn through long service.

I kind of had the same feeling about the El Abd/ Sido comparison and the captaincy appointment but was willing to trust Gareth knew what he was doing (and have no strong feeling that he was wrong). Similarly, assumed G. knew what he was doing when he let him go. So far, I'm sure about that one!

• Even now the captaincy is tough, as Bloomers is still playing well, but not as nailed on of a starter as Gape, Thompson, JJ or either of the central defenders.

• Gape has joined Blooms, Bayo and JJ as one of ‘the dressing room Generals’. That is where the captaincy comes from.

• So they literally know what they are going to get with Wycombe?

• I thought they were just selling poppies?