Skip to content

Match day thread: Sherwsbury

Comments

• @Shev said:
    I loved JJs lark with the Shrews fans too, when they shouted something about him taking it in the other direction (as if he still played for them) and him briefly feinting to do so.

This got the "carry on" double entendre claxon on standby! Took a second read!

• @HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Great player who will be booed by idiots but yes I hope he's off form.

Why are they idiots for booing someone that headbutted one of our fans? (I wasn't there and 100% don't doubt that they deserved it! But still for a player to do that makes him the c___t that people were suggesting on the terrace today)

If he 100% deserved it, I fail to see the objection to his getting it.

Because he has a responsibility as a representative of the club? Stupid comment.

Double standards. One twenty-something insulted another on the street. He got what he asked for. Hopefully, both young men regret their part in what happened.

Stupid comment yourself, as though that carries the argument.

Are you actually being serious????

If you were a professional footballer and one of your own fans gave you "what for"...would you seriously feel the need to headbutt them? I can understand WHY he did it, but as a professional representing the club (not to mention that it was less than a mile from his place of work) to get yourself in that situation is unacceptable. GA obviously thought the same as me, or we would still have Pierre as CB.

Personally I'd just laugh in their face. Says more about you I guess.

• As was mentioned myriad times at the time, if Pierre had really given the guy a headbutt, with his physique, a bit of bloody smeared round his nostrils would have been the least of his worries. I know who I'd rather have still at the club.

• edited November 2019

You almost have to laugh. If it was just a comment about his performance, Pierre must be incredibly unhinged. By the way, has it ever been established how many people saw what's said to have happened? A lot of fans are great authorities on it apparently.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@Wendoverman said:

Why are they idiots for booing someone that headbutted one of our fans? (I wasn't there and 100% don't doubt that they deserved it! But still for a player to do that makes him the c___t that people were suggesting on the terrace today)

Because he has a responsibility as a representative of the club? Stupid comment.

Double standards. One twenty-something insulted another on the street. He got what he asked for. Hopefully, both young men regret their part in what happened.

If you were a professional footballer and one of your own fans gave you "what for"...would you seriously feel the need to headbutt them? I can understand WHY he did it, but as a professional representing the club (not to mention that it was less than a mile from his place of work) to get yourself in that situation is unacceptable. GA obviously thought the same as me, or we would still have Pierre as CB.

You what?
    Pierre chose to leave to a higher division (at the time)and higher wage when out of contract, and we were disappointed to lose him.

Gareth didn't boot him out!

• edited November 2019

@thecatwwfc said:

@HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@Wendoverman said:

Neither you or I have been in that situation (I assume) so I'm not sure you can be so certain how you would have responded to being abused/ insulted by a stranger on the streets. I don't know where you think I said it was an ideal or creditable response but @malone describes precisely my feelings in his first post replying to yours. The person who should not have got themselves in that situation was George Stokes.

And, for the second time, enough with the ad hominems.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@HCblue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@Wendoverman said:

Oh give it a rest. The alleged incident was exactly that and Ainsworth didn't think anything of the sort.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    You almost have to laugh. If it was just a comment about his performance, Pierre must be incredibly unhinged. By the way, has it ever been established how many people saw what's said to have happened? A lot of fans are great authorities on it apparently.

I had the pleasure of 90mins of this kid behind me in an away a couple of seasons ago.

Every other word was abusive swears.

Top lad.

I don't think anyone's ever condoned what Pierre allegedly did, but dare I say it was, for want of a better word, understandable?

I condone it.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@Wendoverman said:

Hooray!

• Top of the league and sky haven't got our highlights up on the app!! Had most of the league up by 18.30.......

• In other news, Preston manager on his way out...should we start worrying again?

• I don't know the lad but i hear hes like a good lad and i wasnt even there but even if he like wasnt a good lad and even if he deserved it...if it even happened the true fan should not get nutted. End of.

• @thecatwwfc Not sure about that. Preston refused Stoke permission to talk to Neil and have reported them to the EFL for their approach. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11851937/alex-neil-preston-north-end-report-stoke-city-to-football-league-over-manager-approach

@thecatwwfc Not sure about that. Preston refused Stoke permission to talk to Neil and have reported them to the EFL for their approach. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11851937/alex-neil-preston-north-end-report-stoke-city-to-football-league-over-manager-approach

Lovely jubbly. That's that then.

• Why would he leave Preston to go to Stoke?

• Happy for Aarons. Felt for him in that first half - he's a tricky baller, no good when the ball is being lumped nowhere near his feet for 45 mins. Hope he can kick on from that.

• edited November 2019

Anyone on Instagram, go on Alex Pattison's story for a brilliant insight into what wonderful team spirit we have at the moment.

• From their generally reasonable forum: "Despite being top, that was a game played between two poor teams. No chance Wycombe will maintain their good start."

Ah, the old 'judge a team on one performance - coincidentally against your team - and think you have the full picture' approach. I'm sure plenty said the same about Shrewsbury the other season.

From their generally reasonable forum: "Despite being top, that was a game played between two poor teams. No chance Wycombe will maintain their good start."

Ah, the old 'judge a team on one performance - coincidentally against your team - and think you have the full picture' approach. I'm sure plenty said the same about Shrewsbury the other season.

They possibly had a point the other season.

• That's about the fourth time a team has said we won t be at the top for long isn't it?. After we've been so poor we beat them.

• I haven't read all the posts here so it might have been mentioned already. When the handbags we're going on at the end which resulted in the red card Pierre eased Bayo away from the scene and off the pitch possibly saving him a red. He didn't have to do that . Class act.

• @Mr67 said:
    I haven't read all the posts here so it might have been mentioned already. When the handbags we're going on at the end which resulted in the red card Pierre eased Bayo away from the scene and off the pitch possibly saving him a red. He didn't have to do that . Class act.

It has been said but no harm mentioning it again. Agreed.

@chairboyscentral Check out his tweet to Arsenal fans just two days earlier

• edited November 2019

@LX1 said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Hahahahaha

• @LX1 said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Goodness, that's funny.

• edited November 2019

The Arsenal fans' treatment of Xhaka really was vile - imagine our mouthy contingent on that kind of scale.

• @drcongo said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    I don't think anyone's ever condoned what Pierre allegedly did, but dare I say it was, for want of a better word, understandable?

I condone it.

Love Pierre, Shame he's not still with us. He was very apologetic about clashing with that ketchup moron that was deliberately bating him if that helps :) as was the ketchup moron for bating him. Hardly a c*nt we are glad to be shot of.