Skip to content

Paul Tisdale sacked by Franchise

Did not see that coming

Comments

• Stupid of them. Would make me hate them more, except that isn’t possible

• Perhaps they’ll appoint Nathan Jones? That would be typical.

• I imagine the miserable MK buggers that send in their wretched texts to 3CR after every defeat will be delighted. Certainly, they were all saying he had to go after the game today.

• It's the only Bucks Football League team according to BBC South.?

• @A_Worboys said:
    Perhaps they’ll appoint Nathan Jones? That would be typical.

The timing is interesting, right after Jones got sacked. It would certainly seem to be the perfect match, too!

• I hope Tisdale lands on his feet. He seems like the most gentlemanly and eloquent manager we come up against.

• edited November 2019

Was reading a very interesting chapter in Martin Calladine's 'The Ugly Game' (which I'd recommend, especially for anyone who's also into the NFL) about sacking managers. Guess what: studies have shown that it's pretty much pointless. Who'd have thought?!

They'll bring someone in, he'll 'turn things around', but they'd probably have done so under Tisdale. Eight losses from nine is miserable, but it's nothing in the grand scheme of things. But the grand scheme of things is non-existent to most clubs.

• Indeed! I have to give respect to Oxford for sticking with Karl Robinson when they were in and around the relegation spots for a long time in the first part of last season. Now they have cracked on, and are 4th.

• And whatever happen to that Ainsworth guy who nearly took his team out of the football league?

• These types of decisions happen at poorly run clubs.

• He was too tactically inept to get anywhere.

• Always quite liked Tisdale. The idea of Nathan Jones coming in and failing to halt to drop back into oblivion is just too appetising to contemplate.

• There were texts into 3CR this evening saying “get Tisdale out and Nathan Jones in now”. Hard to say for sure if they were from MK “fans” or from Wycombe fans trolling.

• I would love Nathan Jones at mk! To.hear him moaning about being robbed by anti-football has been missing from 3cr for too long.

• I’d love them to bring in Derek Adams. Like @OakwoodExile above I’d say that would make me hate them more but that’s not possible.

• Tisdale is the master of the bizarre interview.

• Russell Martin appointed manager. Interesting to see if he carries on playing.

• Hopefully Russ will do so well so quickly he’ll be offered a proper job ASAP, leaving the Franchise to sink back into oblivion once more.