Skip to content

Match day thread: Sherwsbury

Comments

• Either the thread title is wrong or the badge, gonna go with the badge.

• As the weather is currently holding steady, there will be copies of the brand new edition of The Wanderer on sale from the WWISC stand for as long as the weather holds. Please do swing by and pick up your 60-page copy for just £1.50.

• As the weather is currently holding steady, there will be copies of the brand new edition of The Wanderer on sale from the WWISC stand for as long as the weather holds. Please do swing by and pick up your 60-page copy for just £1.50.

• Still no Smyth but strong side that! Pitch looks great too.

• Always rated Scotty Golbourne and was gutted that he didn’t sign for us permanently. Hopefully he has a bad game today though.

• I must have missed them @Jonny_King though it was pissing down I assume your esteemed publication will be available at next home game!

• Sido and Samuel both warming up, can’t see Fred or Smyth. Good to see Alex though.

• Pierre's return might not be universally popular but he's one of the best defenders we have had in a while. Hope he's not at his best today.

• Great player who will be booed by idiots but yes I hope he's off form.

• But surprised not to see Paul in the 18 after Thursday night.

• this is absolute garbage so far...lucky to be drawing

• @Wendoverman said:
    Great player who will be booed by idiots but yes I hope he's off form.

The ketchup kids have just had their first chance for up close abuse. 15 simpletons caterwauling about Pierre being a wanker. Sad fuckers.

• Shrews are a good team and we need longer studs!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Shrews are a good team and we need longer studs!

Shrews seem a moderate team but we’ve been poorer so far. We always need longer studs or so it seems to me at home games. Filthy conditions, mind. Pierre abuse pathetic. Might get in a fight with someone over it if i’m not careful.

• @HCblue said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Shrews are a good team and we need longer studs!

Shrews seem a moderate team but we’ve been poorer so far. We always need longer studs or so it seems to me at home games. Filthy conditions, mind. Pierre abuse pathetic. Might get in a fight with someone over it if i’m not careful.

Watch out, it'll be all over Instagram #BabiesOfInstagram

• Aarons!

• Top of the league!

• We just keep grinding out those wins. Incredible! 7 points ahead of 4th!

• Fkn loved that. Stupidest red ever. Lol.

• Worth tuning into Three Counties, MK have slipped into the relegation zone after a thumping from Tranmere and Wimbledon’s draw means their the ones who have overtaken them. Cue loads of MK “fans” texting in to moan about their illegitimate club having a poor position in the league they shouldn’t even be in.

• Bloody hell we're top and 5 points clear of 3rd after results went our way today!

• We, are, top the league... So much for Peterborough's "could have been top if..." Sometimes three goals just aren't enough!

COYB!!!!

• Well, looking at the table.... Isn't that a sight for sore eyes!!! Coyb

• Most points in the four divisions!

• It certainly wasn't pretty today and Shrewsbury knocked it about at a furious pace without creating clear goal scoring chances. Although in the conditions a decent half chance could have been enough.
    In my mind that was probably a game we didn't deserve to win but I'm not complaining. Apart from the first 15 minutes of the second half I thought they had the better of it.
    I'll just look at the table and marvel at the wonder of it.

• Spot on assessment, @Twizz, and the win is all the sweeter!

• Yup. Fair summary, @Twizz. Thought we were decent second half. Much more threatening and after the goal nullified them pretty well. Solid win. But the luck index thing will have gone up a bit more.

• I see my doubts about Arrons were proved right???. Another poor afternoon for Richie. I thought we deserved the win on the second half performance but it was always going to be a one goal game. The ref was bizarre and not just in appearance. A word for gape, Thompson and kashket who all put on a shift today. Oh and grimmer joe Stewart and darius. Not forgetting blooms and bayo. Another clean sheet for that terrible goalie and we seem to have three points. Oh and I won the half-time....no that would be too much.