Skip to content

FA Cup 1st Round Draw

124»

Comments

• @Username said:
    They've just moved from 2 games away, to 1 game away from being able to play a giant, and probably increased their chances of at least getting a "big" league club. As if the players were celebrating the cash

They could have got Sunderland in this round, and as far as I can tell from their forum they're the biggest club in the world.

• @drcongo said:

@Username said:
    They've just moved from 2 games away, to 1 game away from being able to play a giant, and probably increased their chances of at least getting a "big" league club. As if the players were celebrating the cash

They could have got Sunderland in this round, and as far as I can tell from their forum they're the biggest club in the world.

Of course they have drawn Sunderlona in this round, but without having looked at the draw, it's more likely that there'll be a higher proportion of league 1 clubs in round 2 than round 1.

• Tranmere Rovers have announced the ticket prices for our FA Cup game on the 9th November:

Adults: £10
    Seniors 65+: £5
    Young Persons: (18-22) £5
    Disabled: £5
    U18s: £1
    Carers: FREE

Adults and Seniors, Young Persons and disabled increase by £3 on the day.

Some categories of their season tickets qualify for free entry.

Whilst it is in some ways good to be able to get cheap tickets, I do think it is a shame that the FA Cup competition appears to be considered a low value event.

• Crikey. Those are bargain tickets.

• Even with the reduced ticket prices, do you think the attendance for the cup game will be higher than the league fixture 8 days later? Or, to put it another way, if you could attend just one of the two matches, which would you choose?
    I still love the cup but have to accept, I’m part of a diminishing group.

• The Cup game for me but will go to both.

If the league game was at 3pm Sat I would say definitely that one higher as it's two teams in same league and some STHs won't go/be counted. Being on Sunday morning on tv will make it close I reckon.

• Taking the scheduling on a Sunday, early kick off time and TV broadcasting of the league match into account, I suspect the difference in attendance will not be as great as it may otherwise have been, even without the reduced prices.

• Perhaps it's an age thing (I'm in my 40's), but for me FA Cup games are always amongst the biggest games of the season and the matches I most look forward to. I'm surprised at fans who go week in week out to run of the mill league matches and then decide to skip the cup games. Much as I hope we win both games against Tranmere, if I had to choose 1, it would be cup progression for me.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Perhaps it's an age thing (I'm in my 40's), but for me FA Cup games are always amongst the biggest games of the season and the matches I most look forward to. I'm surprised at fans who go week in week out to run of the mill league matches and then decide to skip the cup games. Much as I hope we win both games against Tranmere, if I had to choose 1, it would be cup progression for me.

Pretty sure 40s on here makes you part of the "youth"

Depends on the season situation for me, if we were mid table I'd want cup success, as it is (or seasons when we're scrapping to stay up), 3 points is definitely more important to me

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Perhaps it's an age thing (I'm in my 40's), but for me FA Cup games are always amongst the biggest games of the season and the matches I most look forward to. I'm surprised at fans who go week in week out to run of the mill league matches and then decide to skip the cup games. Much as I hope we win both games against Tranmere, if I had to choose 1, it would be cup progression for me.

I agree with you. I know quite a number of season ticket holders who always tell me that they are "not interested in cup games", only to come creeping out of the woodwork when we get drawn against Villa or Spurs, for example, in the glamour round(s).

• I don't travel very often so I mainly come creeping out of the woodwork waving my season ticket if the game is at home.

• @Cyclops said:

@Wycombe85 said:

I agree with you. I know quite a number of season ticket holders who always tell me that they are "not interested in cup games", only to come creeping out of the woodwork when we get drawn against Villa or Spurs, for example, in the glamour round(s).

We even saw this when we had that little run in the checkatrade the other year. People who were adamant it was pure gub and they'd never bother, suddenly admitting they'd be all over Wembley if it happened.

• Great Prices. Well done Tranmere

• Who will be next in Contestants' Row?

• I am going to both - taking a different train route to the Cup game in order to mix things up a bit. A good ground to visit and happy memories from that brilliant win in 2010.

• Two contrasting memories of Prenton Park for me. A late Danny Senda o.g sending us to defeat in Lawrie Sanchez's last game in charge (in front of about 50 chairboys/girls), and the Revell-inspired win as referenced above by @Onlooker which gave us temporary hope of survival, in front of considerably more.

• I remember that game LeedsBlue, me and about 4 mates drove over. Got a phone call coming out the Mersey tunnel on the way home to say he'd gone. I'm sure I remember a figure of 58 away fans (not 100% sure).

For the cup game I'm coming with my partner and my 2 young girls. May bring my nephew too. Looking forward to it.