Skip to content

Scott Kashket

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited October 2019

Scoring two goals in two games does not make one a clinical striker, if that's the point you're putting forward. I love Scotty but find his reputation as a ruthless finisher to be greatly overstated. A highlight reel of his goals would make him look clinical but he misses a load of chances a clinical finisher would put away.

• I think that would apply to everyone who is called a clinical finisher. Even the best miss most of their chances.

Kashket is the best poacher in the squad, and he has added hard work to his game since he joined (you might say he has become Wycombised.) He looks extremely irritating to play against, and is a massive asset to the side. There are games where the added height or defensive qualities of other players are better suited to the circumstances, but there isn’t another player I would want to have the ball in or around the opposition box.

• Really? I don't see Scott has a wasteful striker. His problem for me is actually getting close enough to the central striker to get more chances.

I've always used Ian Wright as an example of a striker who's a bit scattergun. Thing is he had so many chances at Arsenal.

Get Scott in the box and he'll score more than most

• Didn't say he's wasteful - just not as clinical as is sometimes suggested. At the same time, I don't disagree that he's our best finisher.

• I personally can't imagine that any other member of our squad would have scored the goal Scott Kashket did against Blackpool last week and his finishes against Southend were those of a top-level poacher-type striker.

• Kashket is an absolute natural finisher. His pace, close control and low gravity reminds me very much of Kim Casey in his pomp at Kiddy before he joined us.
    Opposing fans and players alike would literally shit themselves when Casey had the ball at his feet and close to the penalty area.
    Now when Scott is bearing down on goal, you get the butterfly twirling in your stomach that something is going to happen.
    I know which physical motion I prefer, we are very lucky to have a talent like kashket.

• All this literal shitting and motions make me glad I’m in the upper tier of FA.

• Terrific finisher and one of our greatest assets.

• There were plenty of motions at the Kassam last season when ever Kalambay got near the ball. It was if the PNL officials had left 1800 whooped cushions on the seats.

• Like it @ChasHarps.

Should he start on Saturday? He’s on a hat trick. Of a kind. A very rare kind.

• edited October 2019

@HCblue said:
    Scoring two goals in two games does not make one a clinical striker, if that's the point you're putting forward. I love Scotty but find his reputation as a ruthless finisher to be greatly overstated. A highlight reel of his goals would make him look clinical but he misses a load of chances a clinical finisher would put away.

He's our best finisher without any doubt, and it's not like he gets loads of chances. Baffled by your opinion. He doesn't get loads of chances, let alone miss loads.

The doubts with Kashket are totally about off the ball contribution, which he's definitely improving.
    He still has it all to do to get a regular starting place though, especially when Fred and Smyth are back.

• @ChasHarps said:
    There were plenty of motions at the Kassam last season when ever Kalambay got near the ball. It was if the PNL officials had left 1800 whooped cushions on the seats.

I don't remember him ever getting near the ball!

• Kashket's goal on Saturday incidentally was pure class. He's a fantastic player

• Scotty has four goals from 21 shots this season - the third best in the squad after JJ (one of whose goals was a penalty) and Fred (one of whose was against Bolton). Also 11/21 shots on target - the highest proportion in the squad. When we go with three up front, he's probably not one of the first names on the team sheet, but we know we can rely upon him when we go two up top.

• I don't think Scotty's finishing is anything special compared to our other decent finishers, but his ability to round or at least partly round keepers with his speed and agility can make a chance vs a keeper into a tap into an open goal

• @Username said:
    I don't think Scotty's finishing is anything special compared to our other decent finishers, but his ability to round or at least partly round keepers with his speed and agility can make a chance vs a keeper into a tap into an open goal

It's certainly a game of opinions.
    But i am fairly baffled people don't recognise Kashket as without doubt the player you'd want a chance to fall to.

• I love Scotty K, and I'm always delighted to see him start. For me, he really seems to have kicked on this season as well. Last season, he often struggled to get into games that he started (possibly due to lingering injury concerns). This season however, he has seemed a constant threat whenever he's started, and remains a massive asset from the bench.

• @Malone said:

@Username said:
    I don't think Scotty's finishing is anything special compared to our other decent finishers, but his ability to round or at least partly round keepers with his speed and agility can make a chance vs a keeper into a tap into an open goal

It's certainly a game of opinions.
    But i am fairly baffled people don't recognise Kashket as without doubt the player you'd want a chance to fall to.

Kashket is a fantastic central striker with a wonderful spark and an almost boyish desire to push boundaries and just create as much mischief as possible. Additionally, in the past, there's also been a boyish tendency to sulk when it doesn't go his way, scrap a bit too much and go on wild goose chases that get him slightly out of position - though he's now cutting that out of his game as he matures, without losing that spark he relies on.

I'd like to see Fred given a chance as the central striker - when he played that role on loan he was very sharp and he's only got stronger and more lethal since. It's so hard to pick a dream front three from the current options but mine would probably be Aarons and Smyth either side of Fred, with Freeman behind providing the through balls. To not even be able to include Wheeler, Kashket, Samuel or Bayo in that combo, when all have provided so much to the team so far this season, shows what remarkable options we have up front at the moment.

• I need to get/work out the most up-to-date figures, but I know that after his couple against Southend, Kashket's goals per 90 for us was 0.63. It can't have changed that much, and it was the best ratio in the squad bar Fred and Paul Smyth, if I remember correctly. I don't know how anyone cannot be impressed by that.

• Kashket has been the first name on the team-sheet for me for the last 3 or four years. I've always assumed whenever he is on the bench it is because his long term injury is being managed.

• Fred and Arrons just have real quality, so it'll be hard to ever leave them out for long.
    I've forgotten Smyth a bit as he's been out so long, but others rate him up there with them too.
    At least two of them off Bayo would take some beating.

Kashket and Wheeler in for the "right games"

Samuel seems to be completely overlooked in all these discussions, but Gaz certainly rates him. He will do well to get a regular slot over the rest though I feel.

Parker seems to have been brought in as a squad fill guy, might have to be satisfied with EFL cup starts.

• edited October 2019

I'd say that's fairly clinical tbh.
  • The past couple of seasons it has always seemed to me that Scotty has taken a while to get into his stride when he has got back in the team. This may just be that it was recovering his sharpness from injuries, but I wonder whether the fact that we have other goalscorers around means that he feels under less pressure and can relax a little more, which makes him less inclined to rush his chances.

• Great that we have so many options (& so so many opinions). Cliche I know but on a wet Tuesday night away at Accrington I’d start Alex S. Come the play offs next April, sun on his back I’d start Scotty K every time.

• It was the combination of both of them (Samuel from the start; Kashket from the bench) that did for Accrington on a wet Tuesday night away last season.

• Scott Rendell's status in that "clinical" list being massively hyped up by taking pens.

• I hope Oily is sharpening his pencil - it'll soon be Poem Time...

• How many league pens has Kashket taken for us? I seem to remember him missing one at Walsall last season.

• I don't really remember Rendell being that good to be honest, except for penalties.

Probably the best penalty taker we've ever had

• missed a penalty at walsall ? I dont think so !!