Skip to content

Train disruption

LX1LX1
edited October 2019 in Football

Many trains up north cancelled or delayed including into Rotherham

Comments

• No trains into Rotherham Central until approximately 15:00!

RotherhamCentral

• Can’t understand the problem? Sweating buckets out here in Cyprus! ??

• Local forecast still saying that the rain will stop just before the game and it could well end in sunshine.

• When @bluntphil mentioned the cold and someone in Welling (Kent) said he was warm, it was 15-6 in favour of Welling (Celsius). All set to change overnight. Clocks also.

• As long as there are no Hurricane's forecast (it being 27th October tomorrow which was the day of the great 87 storm).

• @bigred87 may have something to say about that. The October date etched on my mind weatherwise is 28/10/08. I wasn’t able to get to the match (against Macclesfield). It was 10 days after my hip replacement. There was exceptionally heavy, if rather wet, snow and the game was abandoned after 23 minutes. The inscription on my calendar is barely legible. It looks like it was 4-1 to Macclesfield but what looks like a 4 must surely be a one!

• I was late for that Macclesfield one due to a work meeting, got there on 25 minutes just as everyone was walking out!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    As long as there are no Hurricane's forecast (it being 27th October tomorrow which was the day of the great 87 storm).

It was the night of Thursday 15th October 1987

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Storm_of_1987

• Thanks @Onlooker, just goes to show how we can wrongly convince ourselves of things.