Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• Back up to second, 2 points ahead of Peterboro in third, 8 (!) points ahead of Doncaster in eighth, 22 points clear of Wimbledon in 21st.

• Get in there???

• Excellent win, at the end of a very tough week! Top work all!

Peterboro equalising late v Coventry is probably a good result for us. Obvs Sunderland losing too!

I think we all would have taken staying joint top on points before this last 3 games!

• Remarkable to be a third of the way thru the season and have 30 points.

• Anyone still doubting that we're top six contenders? Only six teams left to play...

• Watford supporting pal reckons we could be playing them again next season. Not sure about that. It’s just an excuse for me to mention that the Three Counties reporter just said Watford must look to be a little more better. You bet.

• Will be great entertaining Watford, Newcastle and Southampton next season!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Wheels not come off yet. Another sad night for those under troll bridge. Great result and well done to the team and everyone who travelled.

Got to be honest, I think I may have been one of them. It's very close up there nonetheless, but yes, long may it continue.

As someone mentioned above, if Allsop got injured, I'm sure we would exploit the emergency loan market once again.

If someone had offered us 7 points from Sunderland, Blackpool and Rotherham we would have taken both their arms and legs!

• @floyd said:
    Back up to second, 2 points ahead of Peterboro in third, 8 (!) points ahead of Doncaster in eighth, 22 points clear of Wimbledon in 21st.

18 clear of Wimbledon but I take and agree with your point.

• Bayo coming on really saw us home. For all the debate about him starting versus being an impact sub, can we all just agree there is no wrong answer? He is fantastic either way!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Obviously not ideal, but I think we can cope with losing anyone except Allsop (and even then Yates may be good, we just don't know much about him).

Actually Allsopp is the one player we could most cope with losing as we'd be able to bring someone in on loan immediately

• Only 2/30 shots against us in the last three games have been on target.

• @eric_plant said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Obviously not ideal, but I think we can cope with losing anyone except Allsop (and even then Yates may be good, we just don't know much about him).

Actually Allsopp is the one player we could most cope with losing as we'd be able to bring someone in on loan immediately

Of course, ignore that then.

• Did anyone expect us to cope without Fred and Smyth? Great recruitment and team spirit. Can't wait to see those two battling to get back in the first 11 by slamming in the goals.

• @eric_plant said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Is that emergency loan facility not when all your keepers are injured?
    Although we could always say young Cameron had an injury, Yves style last year...allegedly.

• edited October 2019

Pretty sure it's when you're down to one - Yates was on the bench while we had Ingram, Stockdale and Henderson.

• I don’t say this often, but hats off to the travelling fans today - fantastic noise from start to finish.

• @Malone I was thinking the same.
    We could always get Bayo to accidently sit on him during training. Although TBH we limit other side's to so few chances I'd be happy to see Yates grasp the opportunity to show us what he's capable of.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Only 2/30 shots against us in the last three games have been on target.

Tinpot league. Can't wait to be out of it.

• Great win! The mighty blues go rolling on! Hope the injuries aren't too bad and the boys are raring to go next Saturday.

COYB

• @Malone said:

@eric_plant said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Is that emergency loan facility not when all your keepers are injured?
    Although we could always say young Cameron had an injury, Yves style last year...allegedly.

It’s my understanding you can only use the emergency market if you don’t have a senior keeper on the books. I don’t think Yates has played a league game so we’d probably be eligible.

• Only half caught Ainsworth's post match interview but didn't hear any mention of Gape's injury. Did I miss anything?

• GA revealed that Bayo has been sick the last couple of days and travelled up on the train by himself, even tho he knew he wouldn’t be starting. The commitment that Ainsworth has instilled in this squad is excellent.

• A special squad and a special time for all of us. Thank you Gareth and everyone who helps to make it happen.

• Intrigued by the "weird inverted trapezium" shape GA said they adopted to cope with their rotational midfield. Never heard that term used about a footy formation, takes me back to school.

• Note to all Cohigs, the North American definition of a trapezium is different from that in Europe, in case our tactical line up today confused you.

• Thanks for posting @Steve_Peart as the Gasroom is as far as my social media goes these days!

• Normally we go 1-2-3, whereas it sounds like today's midfield and forward arrangement was more of a 3-1-2 or 3-2-1?

• Congrats guys. We wouldn't have scored if we were playing till Christmas. Terrible game but you did what you had to do. Good luck for the rest of the season.

• Thanks, @BradtheMiller. Have enjoyed and appreciated your civilised company this week. Good luck for the rest of the season.