Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• any ideas on when Smyth is back?

• A combative midfield for a game that's likely to be just that - although I still think Freeman should start every game possible - and Wheeler through the middle in place of the tired Beast.

• Parker must really wonder if he's going to be limited just to EFL cup games if he's not starting with Samuel out and Bayo benched. Especially if it is Wheeler central and not Kashket.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    any ideas on when Smyth is back?

I was going to ask the same. We never seem to be updated on when players may be back. Onyedinma too?

• @Malone said:
    Parker must really wonder if he's going to be limited just to EFL cup games if he's not starting with Samuel out and Bayo benched. Especially if it is Wheeler central and not Kashket.

I think he must know that he was always going to be a squad player.

• I've heard from more than one person that it should be within the next couple of weeks. Not sure about Fred, but when players aren't confirmed as out in the team news then it's never long.

• We like to have them in the warm ups when they're close too. That's probably the best sign.

With 2 EFL cup games up soon, those look good opportunities to get both Fred and Smyth back up to speed.

• After such a great game of rugby this morning, I don't see how any non-Rotherham-resident Englishman could expect anything other than a Blues win this afternoon.

• There have been several extraordinary results over the past few days - what with Doncaster’s seven at Southend, Leicester’s nine at Southend and, not least, the surprisingly comfortable England victory against New Zealand in the Rugby World Cup. What price a Wycombe win?

• Joy unalloyed!

• Kashket makes it 1-0.

• Sorry, Leicester against Southampton of course.

• edited October 2019

GET IN!

Also: LOL, just seen that Plymouth lost 4-0 to Exeter.

• 4 yellows in the first 20 minutes !! Looks like it's all about the ref today!

• Stewart on a yellow and having earlier been holding his back is a worry, especially without Sido on the bench.

• To be fair, all four yellows were bad fouls.

• @micra said:
    Stewart on a yellow and having earlier been holding his back is a worry, especially without Sido on the bench.

Giles-Phillips is on the bench isn't he?

• Pattison for Gape at the half.

• @floyd said:
    Pattison for Gape at the half.

Injury?

• Sounded like it could be serious. No official confirmation yet.

• @micra said:
    Sounded like it could be serious. No official confirmation yet.

Hopefully not, but if it is at least we've only got one league game in the next three weeks...

• Obviously not ideal, but I think we can cope with losing anyone except Allsop (and even then Yates may be good, we just don't know much about him).

• Sadly it seems Sunderland are losing to another tinpot club

• edited October 2019

FT: Shrewsbury 1-0 Sunderland

• Just looked at the pre-match odds. Rotherham have something like 2 home wins in their last 10 - they were odds on favourites. It’s amazing how the bookies continue to doubt us; long may it continue!

• Game over, great win!

• Unbelievable set of results so far tbh, amazing job by the team and staff. Get in.

• Wheels not come off yet. Another sad night for those under troll bridge. Great result and well done to the team and everyone who travelled.

• Superb result, and back up to second. COYB!