Skip to content

Comments

• They certainly won't be winning 4-0!

• @Malone said:
    They certainly won't be winning 4-0!

:neutral:

• Though I'm pleased they beat Ipswich....

• The last three have all predicted losses - and he does throw in "or lose 2-0"...

• TBH it should be an interesting game between two contrasting styles. We're more direct, I'd say more combative than physical while you Chairboys seem to play a more possession based game with speed & guile in the right areas. I'm going for an entertaining 2-2 draw.
    I'll be doing a match report for our website D3D4Football.com , a website dedicated for fans of clubs in the third & fourth tiers, alongside our website we have a weekly podcast & a youtube channel. I am the Rotherham correspondent & also "roving reporter" covering & reporting on games up & down the country, please check us out.
    Ian Bradley

• We play anything but a possession-based game - bottom of the league in that respect, not that it's done us any harm!

• edited October 2019

@BradtheMiller said:
    TBH it should be an interesting game between two contrasting styles. We're more direct, I'd say more combative than physical while you Chairboys seem to play a more possession based game with speed & guile in the right areas. I'm going for an entertaining 2-2 draw.

ha ha ha. You've not read any of the other fan forums or manager post-match interviews then? All I can say is we are good at what we do, you know what you're going to get, you would not want to watch that every week. (How many more words do you need for your match report, Ian?)

• Yep Brad, I can assure you we can knock it with the best of them.

Although it sounds worrying if a fan is admitting they play a long ball filthy tactics style of footy early doors!

• Hardly "filthy". We can play football, IMO Ben Wiles our young attacking midfield academy product can go right to the top he's that good. We just get stuck in in all areas, work hard & are competitive. Sorry for the assumption that the Chairboys are a possession based team I'm sorry. I have obviously had some misinformation somewhere along the lines. I haven't seen Wanderers play yet this season. Sounds like we're all set for a "muck & bullets" clash down NYS then, see you there.

• The aerial battle between Bayo and Ihiekwe could be one for the ages.

• “One for the ages”?

• Is it really six and a half years since we played them? I remember Anthony Stewart showing me where he’d had a metal plate put in his hand after a Rotherham player had (obviously accidentally) stood on it. Was “Tools” really playing in the “first team” as long ago as that? He must be older than I thought. I think Steve Evans was the manager at the time.

• @BradtheMiller said:
    Hardly "filthy". We can play football, IMO Ben Wiles our young attacking midfield academy product can go right to the top he's that good. We just get stuck in in all areas, work hard & are competitive. Sorry for the assumption that the Chairboys are a possession based team I'm sorry. I have obviously had some misinformation somewhere along the lines. I haven't seen Wanderers play yet this season. Sounds like we're all set for a "muck & bullets" clash down NYS then, see you there.

Haha, I wondered if you'd pick me up on being a little cheeky.

I'll tell you what this weekend's game sounds like though. One not to drive 160miles to ;)

Just kidding. We'll have a tough game, if you're battering Ipswich away!

• @micra said:
    Is it really six and a half years since we played them? I remember Anthony Stewart showing me where he’d had a metal plate put in his hand after a Rotherham player had (obviously accidentally) stood on it. Was “Tools” really playing in the “first team” as long ago as that? He must be older than I thought. I think Steve Evans was the manager at the time.

27 these days old son. Dem years keep coming and don't stop coming.

• @micra said:
    Is it really six and a half years since we played them? I remember Anthony Stewart showing me where he’d had a metal plate put in his hand after a Rotherham player had (obviously accidentally) stood on it. Was “Tools” really playing in the “first team” as long ago as that? He must be older than I thought. I think Steve Evans was the manager at the time.

I think 'Tools' made his debut against Preston on 14th January 2012, presumably back when he was still Anthony.

• Bring your wellies the forecast looks horrendous.

• Look North just indicated the rain would clear south during the day on Sat. Damage might be done by then, though. What’s the drainage like?

• Won't be a problem, in 7 & a bit years @NYS we have yet to have an actual rain postponement although a few years ago we had a game called off v Bristol Rovers for snow in the stands.

• Hopefully they were a goal or two up at the time. ?

• Predicted pre-match post on the Rovers fan forum '...Let's not forget that game when they made it snow, made the stands dangerous and the officials bought it...cheating bastards!'

• What about the lightening?

• I think football fans, especially those posing as experts, lose all credibility when they stipulate two exact scorelines that the game will end in. Makes me think everything else they say is equally as ill thought out.

• @Wheresthechips said:
    I think football fans, especially those posing as experts, lose all credibility when they stipulate two exact scorelines that the game will end in. Makes me think everything else they say is equally as ill thought out.

I thought we were all posing as experts on here? Some more expert than others of course.

• I've never made any claim to be a football expert. I joined this forum because I thought it was for professional gasfitters, but stayed because someone promised free crisps.

• haha. I was mainly referring to the Rotherham opposition view fella.

Clearly there are experts. Me being one of them :wink:

• @Wheresthechips Do you think Couhig will sort the chips problem?

• @LX1 Yes, and the mustard shortage.

• and finally respond positively to the Campaign for Real Soup?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I've never made any claim to be a football expert. I joined this forum because I thought it was for professional gasfitters, but stayed because someone promised free crisps.

You and me both mate

• Despite the wind being in their sails following the Ipswich result, I expect the millers are most likely to grind out a draw tomorrow.