Skip to content

Takeover vote passed

Comments

• I hope this works out, obviously. But it does seem to be founded on some fanciful expectations re attendances, revenues etc. And so much has been put at risk for the sake of spending a season or two in the championship.

The existing trust leadership should never have taken on the debt from proposed buyers. There has really been no choice to make as a result.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Any news on a new crisp supplier yet?

They’re called chips now. And the chips are called freedom fries.

• As a legacy member, I have emailed trevor Stroud twice for clarification of the deal, no reply at all. Main question was how he thinks that fans will cover 25% of spending when the sums raised being fan owned looks nowhere near enough for the new deal. If we can't raise as fan owned, how many people will contribute to club 500, share scheme, membership etc? The fact that 400 approx only paid a tenner to be a legacy member to vote, haven't bothered in previous years is a huge concern to me.

• @chairgirl said:
    As a legacy member, I have emailed trevor Stroud twice for clarification of the deal, no reply at all. Main question was how he thinks that fans will cover 25% of spending when the sums raised being fan owned looks nowhere near enough for the new deal. If we can't raise as fan owned, how many people will contribute to club 500, share scheme, membership etc? The fact that 400 approx only paid a tenner to be a legacy member to vote, haven't bothered in previous years is a huge concern to me.

Rent from the stadium goes a long way towards it is my understanding

• Dear Rob and Co;
    Congratulations on your acquisition of a fine football club with an amazing history and loyal fan base.
    We have entrusted you with our hearts and souls.
    Please respect what you have, and don't let us down.
    Onwards and upwards now for us all. Let's make memories!
    Good luck!
    Yours faithfully,..

Every Wycombe fan in the world.

• It's incredibly sad that our leadership were unable to make fan ownership work. Perhaps more talented people could have done it.
    Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that our new owners don't shaft us.

• @chairgirl said:
    As a legacy member, I have emailed trevor Stroud twice for clarification of the deal, no reply at all. Main question was how he thinks that fans will cover 25% of spending when the sums raised being fan owned looks nowhere near enough for the new deal. If we can't raise as fan owned, how many people will contribute to club 500, share scheme, membership etc? The fact that 400 approx only paid a tenner to be a legacy member to vote, haven't bothered in previous years is a huge concern to me.

Aren’t these questions that you could have raised at the last legacy members’ meeting when Trevor took questions from the floor and from social media?

• Surprised there has been no official statement from the Couhigs.

• @floyd said:
    Inevitable. Hopefully positive. Impossible to celebrate. Here's to the future, come on Wycombe.

After letting the news settle in for a few hours I think this post best sums up my current feelings.
    Sad that supporter owned clubs can't work.

• @davecz They'll be busy swatting for their 'fit and proper' exam...

• As far as I understand, they're keeping private as they're also getting through a close family bereavement on Missy's side at present. I wish them all the best and hope we can cheer them up a little when they next visit.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@floyd said:
    Inevitable. Hopefully positive. Impossible to celebrate. Here's to the future, come on Wycombe.

After letting the news settle in for a few hours I think this post best sums up my current feelings.
    Sad that supporter owned clubs can't work.

Indeed, perfectly articulated @floyd.

COYB

• @Cambridge_Blue said:
    It's incredibly sad that our leadership were unable to make fan ownership work. Perhaps more talented people could have done it.
    Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that our new owners don't shaft us.

Agreed. As perspective owners go, I’m as confident as I can be in them.

• @chairgirl said:

This was raised, and answered, at the Legacy meeting

• @chapmanio said:

@chairgirl said:

This was raised, and answered, at the Legacy meeting

And on twitter, and here

• He's view on the takeover

• Given that the announcement came at 92% turnout, can we assume that, to this point, about 75% voted for, 17% against?

• They were taking advice on whether they could announce early, so it may be a lot higher than 75% but the Trust was still waiting for the advice to come back

• @LX1 said:
    Given that the announcement came at 92% turnout, can we assume that, to this point, about 75% voted for, 17% against?

No, could have been, of the 92% that voted, 100% of them voted yes?

• Yeah could be. I'm assuming they would have announced it earlier if that was the case. Will find out next week I guess

• @LX1 said:
    Given that the announcement came at 92% turnout, can we assume that, to this point, about 75% voted for, 17% against?

Listening to what was said, I feel the threshold was probably passed a way back and it was decided to announce now 'to avoid further speculation'. Thus, I would expect the against vote to be somewhat lower. I have no inside information, just how I rationalize what (I think) I've heard.

• It must feel strange for people who didn't get round to voting, to see the result come out.

• Fortunately, being from where we're from we're quite accustomed to having a vote that means bugger all

• @eric_plant said:
    Fortunately, being from where we're from we're quite accustomed to having a vote that means bugger all

???

• I'd imagine the majority of Wycombe supporters live in a safe constituency

• This is referring to the ‘first past the post’ electoral system of electing MPs, which means that the votes of most people in a general election are in effect pointless - unless they happen to live in a relatively small number of marginal seats.

• I'd like to think David Lidington has felt the angry sting of the votes from the Wendover household every time he easily held onto his seat...

• https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/october/rob-we-will-honour-clubs-traditions/

Anyone detecting an ever-so-subtle change in tone here? Probably not. Probably just me ...

COYB

• @Goo said:
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/october/rob-we-will-honour-clubs-traditions/

Anyone detecting an ever-so-subtle change in tone here? Probably not. Probably just me ...

COYB

What change have you noted as your message is just as subtle as any possible change on tone?

• edited October 2019

@Goo said:
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/october/rob-we-will-honour-clubs-traditions/

COYB

When we change our colours to red next season and the ground is sponsored by Walmart maybe..