Skip to content

2nd at the moment

Could it get any better?
It would currently seem to be Stanley 1 Ipswich 0 in the midday kick off.

Comments

• Fantastic. Must see if it’s on in hotel “cinema lounge”.

• It can get better!

2 - 0 to Stanley

• And no Billy Kee for them either!

• Billy Kee hasn't been with them all season in order to receive treatment for his mental health.

• I'm not keen on heights so it's scary to be looking so far down on Sunderland!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I'm not keen on heights so it's scary to be looking so far down on Sunderland!

?

• edited October 2019

Sean McConville should have gone for an awful, two-footed lunge there, but then I remembered that this is League One. Ipswich also arguably could have had a couple sent off. Annoyed that our game got postponed, looks like we could have taken them!

• Both sides down to ten now after some off the ball nonsense. Accrington really are a horrible team, although Ipswich have been the dirtier side in a very ill-tempered affair.

• Win on Tuesday and we'll go two points clear of Ipswich, who will have two games in hand but face a tough test against Rotherham on Wednesday.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Both sides down to ten now after some off the ball nonsense. Accrington really are a horrible team, although Ipswich have been the dirtier side in a very ill-tempered affair.

Bit harsh on Accrington.

• Tough test for Rotherham is just what the doctor ordered. 24 hours longer for us to recharge the batteries too.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Both sides down to ten now after some off the ball nonsense. Accrington really are a horrible team, although Ipswich have been the dirtier side in a very ill-tempered affair.

Bit harsh on Accrington.

Not at all. They've got the worst disciplinary record in the league - and had one of the worst last season - and kicked lumps out of us. They're a decent team but a dirty one.

• I'll take your word for it, but they were near the bottom last season fighting for there lives and near the relegation zone this season.

Still wouldn't have them down as a team that go out to kick the opposition off the park.

• Accrington are our main challengers in the Shithousery League.

• Shame as previously I'd always thought of them as one of the best footballing sides we've regularly come up against. I guess when you're up against it in every sense, you fight to survive - we've been guilty enough in recent years.

• Oh, we definitely have - including yesterday from what Sunlun fans are saying...

• They must have been giddy on breathing in the fresh, crisp Chiltern air if they thought we were scrapping for our lives against a self-styled 'big club'. A casual observer watching the game with no knowledge of their histories certainly would have come to the conclusion that the teams were well matched.
    The reality is that the only thing big about Sunderland is their sense of entitlement and the delusion that they 'belong' in the Premier League.
    Their so-called 'fans' streaming out on the 70 minute mark was pathetic.

• edited October 2019

Ipswich fans seem markedly different in that respect, and I think the club have their mentality spot on - hence how well they're doing. Maybe my view on that will change when we play them, but credit where credit's due for now. Today's game just looked a bit like a case of their relatively young team not being quite up to the 'physicality', but they're clearly a very good outfit overall.

• Though to be fair, on the Ready To Go forum I found a quote from one Sunderland fan who has some perspective on their current plight:

Went today with my 15 Yr old nipper.
    I'm gutted, but he says 'wycombe are a good team dad'.
    Feel for him. It's now expected for 15 Yr olds that we can't compete with Wycombe

Out of the mouths of babes and all that...

• Nice one Accy.
    What a nice further incentive to beat Blackpool now, and kiss the summit.

Rotherham can have a real say in the top with their next 2 games!
    They'll be a tough game for anyone, in a bit of a false position in 11th so far.

• @mooneyman said:
    Accrington are our main challengers in the Shithousery League.

I’ve suggested Missy get some “Yea I’m a Wanderer, Shithousing our way to the Championship” Tee shirts printed.

• Rotherham are one of the few teams in the division who can rival us in the air, so hopefully we've learnt from the AFC Wimbledon game.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Rotherham are one of the few teams in the division who can rival us in the air, so hopefully we've learnt from the AFC Wimbledon game.

Wheeler a shoe in to start that one after potentially a rest midweek then.
    He's terrific in the air for a winger.

• He's terrific in the air full stop!

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@mooneyman said:

I’ve suggested Missy get some “Yea I’m a Wanderer, Shithousing our way to the Championship” Tee shirts printed.

Can we rename the Caledonian Suite 'The Shithouse'?

• Points on the.board are worth more than games in hand in my opinion. Two more wins and we can afford to draw at Portman road.

• @Jonny_King said:

@BuckinghamBlue said:

@mooneyman said:

Can we rename the Caledonian Suite 'The Shithouse'?

Maison de la Merde

• edited October 2019

Ipswich 0 Rotherham 2 at 70 mins