Skip to content

The New Deal outline now emailed to Legacy Trust Members

Comments

• @Username said:
    Can't profess to be a legal expert, but I'm hoping to have a read through tomorrow, in the very unlikely scenario that I understand it and all concerned, I'll post back here, strange attitude above... Do you want an hourly rate for your review RITM?

Yes as it happens and maybe that's probably why I get more annoyed than I should be people not bothering and then asking those who take the time as if they have some right.

• A question to you @Right_in_the_Middle.

Do you ever post a review/opinion of a football match you have witnessed?

You do realise you are informing, presumably unpaid, some of us who couldn’t be bothered to go ourselves?

(Sorry, crude analogy but I would imagine the vast majority of us would be none the wiser if we did read the full 50-page document and genuinely appreciative of those with the capabilities, patience and dedication to do so. You (and anyone else) are of course perfectly entitled to do so and not share your thoughts, but actively saying this and expecting people to not think: “yea, thanks for sharing [what a prick]” demonstrates a more optimistic view of the nature of people than I, for one, possess).

• Are we allowed to ‘Run Around Now’ once we’ve had our turn in the crèche?

• @Onlooker said:
    Are we allowed to ‘Run Around Now’ once we’ve had our turn in the crèche?

For the 21st century among us...

• Some of you will recall that earlier in the week that I thought it important that everyone at Tuesdays meeting should not be afraid to pose questions no matter how fellow legacy members thought of the question. To this end I praise the couple who asked the 1st question. My thoughts were that the Trust Board were correct in not issuing the full legal document. My immediate thoughts for not issuing the document on line were that anyone of us could have posted what is a confidential document to the rest of the world including the press.

If anyone has the time to read the full text of the document which maybe on line or in hard copy tomorrow then respect to you. Having a suspicious mind I hope that nobody takes photos of the pages and sends them to A N Other.

For those who have yet to vote please do so. If you are still unsure please speak to members of the Trust tomorrow.

Oh I voted Yes.

Chairboys Barmy Army!

• Oh I voted Yes.

Chairboys Barmy Army!

Like the 80% that have already voted. Well done son

• @onlooker. It is sadly a few years ago that I was last called son. Thanks for your support mate.

• As a non-legally trained person, I’m not sure what going through 50 pages of legal jargon would have achieved.

I cast my vote on the summary given to me, and on the advice of the Trust Board who I helped elect to deal with such matters in the best interests of the club.

• I imagine by now the Couhigs have won the 75% necessary to gain majority control of the club which is a very clear mandate.

We will never know whether a supporters trust owned model could have worked or not but what we do know is that it didn't in the case of WWFC.

I suspect the as yet unreleased results will show a further financial deterioration.

We need a new, professional approach and everything the Couhigs are doing and saying suggest that we will get exactly that.

I hope the Couhigs act as a responsible custodian and wish them the very best of luck.

• Yep, at the end of the day we all want the same thing. For the club we love to have a long future and for it to be treated with care by those in charge.

I echo your sentiments and hope the Couhigs prove to be the decent people they have come across as so far

• edited October 2019

@NiceCarrots said:

We need a new, professional approach and everything the Couhigs are doing and saying suggest that we will get exactly that.

Fully agree @NiceCarrots - I’m no Lord Sugar but it has always been clear to me that we could have been doing so much better off the pitch.

• Agreed with the statements above. Hopefully good news ASAP

• @TheChair said:
    Some of you will recall that earlier in the week that I thought it important that everyone at Tuesdays meeting should not be afraid to pose questions no matter how fellow legacy members thought of the question. To this end I praise the couple who asked the 1st question. My thoughts were that the Trust Board were correct in not issuing the full legal document. My immediate thoughts for not issuing the document on line were that anyone of us could have posted what is a confidential document to the rest of the world including the press.

If anyone has the time to read the full text of the document which maybe on line or in hard copy tomorrow then respect to you. Having a suspicious mind I hope that nobody takes photos of the pages and sends them to A N Other.

For those who have yet to vote please do so. If you are still unsure please speak to members of the Trust tomorrow.

Oh I voted Yes.

Chairboys Barmy Army!

I have tried emailing trevor about my concerns about the deal on Thursday, had no reply

• @chairgirl, I read the full document at the club today, Alan Cecil and Tony Hector were there, Trevor Stroud came in later.

I had some concerns about one section, which Trevor thought valid and asked me to email them to him, which I will do. It is a draft document, not the final version, so it is important that legacy members read it and give feedback.

I suggest you email Trevor again, and maybe copy in Alan and Tony. Their addresses will be on the Trust website.

• @chairgirl @Steve_Peart
    Trevor did ask on Tuesday night for all comments/questions etc to go by email to [email protected] which enables us to coordinate them all for onwards reference and reply.

To be fair to Trevor he gets so many emails.

Tony and I are happy to be copied in if you want - [email protected] and [email protected]

• Thanks @AlanCecil, for clarifying.

• Any updates to the 80% number?

• Good try @Shev, all I can say is that judging by the attitude and looks on the faces of the Wycombe Board, Trust Board and Wycombe staff today..........relax and no worries!

• That's good to hear!

• Great to see you yesterday @ValleyWanderer, judging by the crowd we are truly on our way up! With that being reflected on the pitch the sky and blue's the limit!

Pretty good vegan burgers too. Beer queue moved quickly and easy prepay worked well (although there should be a separate queue for it), nice to have free coffee or tea after the match for those of us driving.

Atmosphere was fantastic on the Terrace, marred only slightly by some "fans" not wearing colors whose main aim seemed to be antagonizing the Sunderland fans sat nearby. Made me wonder if there were some London based Newcastle fans infiltrating...

• >

Atmosphere was fantastic on the Terrace, marred only slightly by some "fans" not wearing colors whose main aim seemed to be antagonizing the Sunderland fans sat nearby. Made me wonder if there were some London based Newcastle fans infiltrating...

Having seen a throng of our goons being flanked by a couple of police, abusing rival fans, on their wander back to the Hour Glass at least twice this season, I would say with certainty, it's our own...

• There was a chap stood near me on the terrace wearing a Newcastle shirt , he was cheering Wycombe on though, albeit with a geordie accent.

• @Stewie63 said:
    There was a chap stood near me on the terrace wearing a Newcastle shirt , he was cheering Wycombe on though, albeit with a geordie accent.

Think I have met that bloke before. If it's who I'm thinking of, he's a Geordie working in London and comes to AP quite often with a WWFC supporting mate. We are his second team.

• Turnout up to 87% now...

• 116 (or thereabouts) “stragglers”.

• @micra said:
    116 (or thereabouts) “stragglers”.

Some of them will be the 40 odd postal voters that may not yet have been returned to the club by postman pat!

• @mooneyman said:

@micra said:

Some of them will be the 40 odd postal voters that may not yet have been returned to the club by postman pat!

I think you mean postperson. Postperson Pat.

• @mooneyman said:

@micra said:

I spoke with LM last Friday and they had only received their voting papers that morning, so doubt their responses would be received back before Tue/Wed this week.

• I only know one dinosaur. Think he seems persuaded. Hard to read (to quote @Cyclops).