Skip to content

Comments

• They are a big team having to play tinpot clubs who just shithouse to stop their stately progression to the title don't you know.

• Clearly @Wendoverman, I bet they don't have a proper taste in crisps either.

• I really hope we play like we did vs Lincoln and comfortably beat them with some decent football, with an Aarons goal thrown in.

Think plenty of their fans are going to be in for a shock after the first 10/15 minutes if we start well.

• People do realise they do one of those for every game, right? I think it's quite funny.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    People do realise they do one of those for every game, right? I think it's quite funny.

No room for humour in football @chairboyscentral . The world's gone mad.

People do realise they do one of those for every game, right? I think it's quite funny.

"You’re lucky you’re even allowed in such a pleasant setting after you had the temerity to rip out seats of the Dreams Stand when Big Dunc walloped in the equaliser in March. That cost Wycombe Wanderers £46, don’t you know?!"

That's funny? That's not making light of vandalism? That's not an encouragement for some idiots to repeat the exercise?

That article is meant to be funny, but some of their fans comments definitely aren't!

• edited October 2019

@LordMandeville said:

@chairboyscentral said:

"You’re lucky you’re even allowed in such a pleasant setting after you had the temerity to rip out seats of the Dreams Stand when Big Dunc walloped in the equaliser in March. That cost Wycombe Wanderers £46, don’t you know?!"

That's funny? That's not making light of vandalism? That's not an encouragement for some idiots to repeat the exercise?

Maybe not that specific bit, but it's funny in general.

• The Polish house ??
    Do they not mean The Polish club in Micklefield ? Is it still going ??

• There's a bit of gallows humour in there, almost feel sorry for them, mostly because they'd hate that.

• So suppose we are two up: a quick burst of "We're on our way, We're on our way" followed swiftly by "Come and join us, come and join us, come and join our happy throng. Come and join us, come and join us, come and sing to us your song"

• It shows how big time they aren’t, that even when we have thrown open one and a half parts of the ground to them, they have only taken up only one part.

• I rather enjoyed it.

• It is excellent ?

• Ainsworth preferred to keep his musical talents in Wycombe.

So he turned them down then!

• "Gareth Ainsworth, he stayed 'cause you're shit!"

• "Gareth Ainsworth, he stayed to go up!"

• Northern monkeys.....

"Gareth Ainsworth, he stayed 'cause you're shit!"

Has a ring to it

• @Wendoverman said:
    They are a big team having to play tinpot clubs who just shithouse to stop their stately progression to the title don't you know.

Is “shithouse” now a verb then? Or is that a typo?

• @micra said:

@Wendoverman said:
    They are a big team having to play tinpot clubs who just shithouse to stop their stately progression to the title don't you know.

Is “shithouse” now a verb then? Or is that a typo?

It is in the Urban Dictionary. Means to do someone an injustice, cheat or swindle.

• That makes more sense than and outside loo....

• Thanks @mooneyman. I’ll just carry on chanting “cheat, cheat, cheat” when the opportunity arises. Sonically not too far removed from the do-do.

• Open mouthed reaction?

• Whilst it's well written, it's pretty arrogant and patronising and doesn't look particularly good coming from a club that only has itself to blame for having to come and play at little tinpot Wycombe. If a Wycombe website wrote something similar about an opponent, say if we went to a non league club in the FA Cup, I would be embarrassed.

Sunderland fans need to accept the reason they're playing crap teams in a crap league is because they are, in fact, crap. The fact they were so recently in the top flight spending millions merely shows how dramatically they've ballsed it up.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Whilst it's well written, it's pretty arrogant and patronising and doesn't look particularly good coming from a club that only has itself to blame for having to come and play at little tinpot Wycombe. If a Wycombe website wrote something similar about an opponent, say if we went to a non league club in the FA Cup, I would be embarrassed.

Sunderland fans need to accept the reason they're playing crap teams in a crap league is because they are, in fact, crap. The fact they were so recently in the top flight spending millions merely shows how dramatically they've ballsed it up.

Nicely expressed, Jonny.

• edited October 2019

Sunderland fans: "We would not want to have to watch that every week!"

Wycombe fans: "What, winning? Luckily for you, it does not look like you are in any imminent danger of that."

• You're on a roll tonight @Shev. ???