Skip to content

Game Day Experience...

Comments

• Kirsty Fuller seems to have her own website for those wishing to have a look. Seems a good sort with some talent and drive. https://www.kirstyfuller.co.uk/

• The promo video on YouTube is the one to watch. Wish I knew how to put a link on here.

• Hi @micra Is this the promo video you saw?. I thought KT Tunstall when I first heard her. KT had a few hits in the I think the 90s the black horse and the cherry tree was the one that came to my mind.

• And @micra here’s KT

Both excellent

• Ok guy's, I'm now at the Rebellion tent (in shorts and a grey hooped polo).

• White trousers and garish shirt me. By the singer who’s very good.

• Flight delayed, arrived just in time for the goal.

• Thought the new fan zone was great. Weather of course helps but beer flowing, good music and food looked decent.

• Sorry to have missed you @NorsQuarters.
    I met @EwanHoosaami but missed out on @drcongo and @Wendoverman.

• Thanks very much for posting the music videos @BuckinghamBlue. Agree with your comments.

• Two thumbs up from me for the chairboys village.

• Nice atmosphere... sunshine, beer and live music.

• edited August 2019

@drcongo said:
    Two thumbs up from me for the chairboys village.

Two thumbs up and two big toes up from me!

• It’s been great. The challenge will come with the advent of less clement weather of course but, who knows, the addition of another marquee (not cheap) might be a possibility although, concentrating as I was on chatting to fellow Gasroomers etc and listening to Kirsty Fuller, the excellent singer/guitarist, I failed to notice whether there was in fact already a second tent. (I think I saw one at the Reading game. I missed the MK match.)

I know the club are looking for bands/singers for future matchdays and I wondered if Billy Gallagher might be persuaded to come out of retirement and regale us with his Elvis Presley tribute.

The AstroTurf and outdoor furniture are welcome features but I’m not sure if the former can be left in situ in inclement weather.

Meanwhile, thanks a lot to everyone involved in setting up the Chairboys Village as well as the dismantling/returning to storage of furniture etc. Very much appreciated.

• Brilliant initiative.

• Hi @NorsQuarters. Hope you’re well. The deer side (ribs?) wouldn’t be vegan would it? Sorry about that.

• Venison on the menu vill you let me know.

• Sorry you won't be there Saturday @micra, just got tickets over. Hope to meet fellow Gasroomers in the Village, will be on the Terrace holding back the charge otherwise:)

• Good idea getting vegan / vegetarian options, even if I personally couldn't think of anything worse to eat with my pre match pint

• I tried Beyond BBQ at Fisher's brewery the other week and it was superb, easy though that might be for me to say as a veggie.

• I've heard positive reviews of beyond meat
    too from veggie friends, but I've fallen into the trap of believing them before and ended up chewing on cardboard that was "tasty".

Can't be any worse than the old half cooked meat burgers.

• Shame they're significantly more expensive than the meat offerings.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Sorry you won't be there Saturday @micra, just got tickets over. Hope to meet fellow Gasroomers in the Village, will be on the Terrace holding back the charge otherwise:)

We'll be there @NorsQuarters.

• It's a growing but still niche market. Their stuff is on the pricey side, but I would say it's absolutely worth it - even if I am biased. I remember the last time I had 'lunch' at Adams Park - got handed a dubious, floppy and sloppy cheese and onion pasty which I promptly handed back.

• edited October 2019

@ValleyWanderer said:
    Shame they're significantly more expensive than the meat offerings.

the regular meat offerings are complete shite though.

• I must say it looks fantastic - I’m a meat eater but occasionally venture over to the dark plant-based side

• I rarely if ever eat at the ground, partly due to a lack of decent veggie options. Typically, the one match I have to miss for work is the one they pick to do this - hope it's a success and repeated later in the season.

• World Wide Wycombe Phenomena needs to get back to basics.
    Trumpeting (no pun intended) new veggie burgers smacks of a pr exercise designed to demonstrate perceived on going improvements / concern for ‘game day experience’ and draw some of the heat from the log jam / dissatisfaction from current sub standard service levels elsewhere around the ground.
    My rough calculations:
    -What % of attendees are veggie? 10% tops, of which say half will buy food. 5% of 8k ( max attendance ) is 400 fans.
    -By comparison say 30% or 2400 fans want a drink at half time but the lines are so long / slow 20% if those, or 480 fans, don’t bother and the ongoing problem continues,
    -Result ‘Game day experience’ remains sub standard for a greater % of mainstream fans.
    Pouring quicker cups of tea might not be as sexy as flipping veggie burgers (never thought I’d be driven to type that) but that exemplifies the fundamental issue.
    ‘Game day experience‘ doesn’t need to be over complicated:
    Win on the pitch + quick drinks / food if required + speedy departure from the ground.
    Sort this before rearranging the deckchairs....

• Rather a negative post. Rome wasn't built in a day perfidious.