Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• @YorkExile said:
    Good work indeed. However, isn't it a bit weird that Pete Couhig is going as a club representative at this stage...?

On Twitter they invited him to a game, Pete said he would be away at Shrewsbury that W/e but that he was going to Scotland to play golf on Int Break W/e so Winshaw said drop in then.

• Fair enough. It just sits a bit funny with me in the circumstances.

• I am loving these podcasts @bluntphil. Thank you for doing them. Especially enjoy the accents and feedback from opposition fans.

Only part I don't get is the scores from the Mexican friend Uriw, but suspect I'm missing out on a joke here...

• I am hating the phrase “I am loving”. Miserable old coffin-dodger that I am.

• I am loving the Neil Harman interview, so much fresh stuff to keep the rollercoaster of a season fascinating.

• That’s ok @perfidious_albion because you are currently reading it. If you aren’t, it’s “I loved”.
    PS I know you’re just having a dig at this died-in-the-wool silly old pedant (and rightly so).

• Apologies to @bluntphil. I thoroughly enjoy these podcasts and will no doubt enjoy the latest one when I get round to it.

• I hate to out-pedant the pedant king, but @Swiss_Exile is also correct to use "I am loving these podcasts" as the podcasts continue to be released weekly-ish, and @Swiss_Exile is continuing to love them.

• “I am loving these podcasts is fine”; it was the use in reference to a specific item that made me fidget! And, as you will have noticed, I went out of my way to suggest a possible, but highly unlikely, circumstance in which it made sense. If it was (perhaps it is!) an ongoing series of interviews then obviously “I am loving the interviews with Neil Harman” would be correct.

• It's certainly an interesting discussion

• @micra said:
    That’s ok @perfidious_albion because you are currently reading it. If you aren’t, it’s “I loved”.
    PS I know you’re just having a dig at this died-in-the-wool silly old pedant (and rightly so).

I’m loving that you are taking the time to respond, I’m loving doing that back as well. Not a multi tasking millennial myself either, so to be pedantic, strictly speaking not ‘currently reading’ whilst typing as you suggest.

• @eric_plant said:
    It's certainly an interesting discussion

Fairly unique to.

• Very unique

• @eric_plant said:
    Very unique

Can you be ‘very unique’? Aren’t things either unique or they are not. Anyways great to be inclusive in the conversation.

• uniquely unique?

• it's been a tough day for subtlety on the gasroom

• I’ve heard the posts on the Facebook group are much more nuanced.

• That is a wonderful gesture and I hope we may reciprocate in some way.

• I'm so old I still think Ringing the Blues is the height of modernity. Before that you just rang an ordinary number and there was an unprofessional answerphone message with not very much info and saying things like, "if you are a first team player ringing in, training will be at 7 o'clock at Bisham Abbey on Thursday".

• That brings it all back @LDF! How our little world has changed.

• @micra said:
    That brings it all back @LDF! How our little world has changed.

Yeah, you can't even jump the fence at the Hospital End any more. Or get served in the bar under age (presumably).

• I’m ok on the latter but prefer not to put the former to the test.

• It’s hard enough jumping to conclusions these days with all that prevarication about.

• ....just jump to them later @micra!???

• I’ve concluded @ValleyWanderer, on the strength of the positivity on here over the last 24 hours and in the light of developments at the Stadium of that name, that the future is very bright. I shall sleep soundly tonight.

Enjoy what should be an incredible atmosphere tomorrow. I just hope I can find a strong enough broadband signal on the south coast to be able to listen to @bluntphil’s dulcet tones.

Night all.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Twizz said:
    In the other hand, it is 25yrs and we don't have a game this weekend; Pete Couhig is a football fan, why wouldn't he want to go to Wishaw?

Pre Season fixture please

That’s a great idea and it would make a good story Wycombe Wanderers vs Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers