Skip to content

Comments

• interesting, very interesting

If you'll allow me to put 2 and 2 together for a moment, I wonder if this means that they already know the likely outcome of the vote?

• Don;t worry he'll be off to QPR again next week... :smile:

• Is the 'source' just what Trevor Stroud said at the meeting last night?

Unless they have been reading the gasroom

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Is the 'source' just what Trevor Stroud said at the meeting last night?

That's how I read it, although I hope there is more to it than that!

• @Right_in_the_Middle yeah it will be one or the other. Can't believe people find these stories significant. Completely meaningless

• edited October 2019

I doubt it will have been what Trevor said, as that's pretty much public knowledge anyway.

• That's what these stories are based on. Public knowledge re-hashed into an article.

• @LX1 said:
    That's what these stories are based on. Public knowledge re-hashed into an article.

Isn’t that what journalism is based on?

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@LX1 said:
    That's what these stories are based on. Public knowledge re-hashed into an article.

Isn’t that what journalism is based on?

Yes, I think I've read that somewhere.?

• He was never going to Sunderland or Millwall...I can’t believe The Reading appointment. Methinks that Reading are too massive a club to appoint someone like Ainsworth.

• Exactly my thoughts, it's a complete non-story. Much like this equally meaningless one: https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/key-figure-gives-update-that-could-offer-millwall-hope-in-managerial-hunt/

• That FLW one is much worse and blatantly misses the point.

• Absolutely. But the point is that all stories like this are literally taking something that someone has said publicly and interpreting in such a way as to make a story out of it. FLW are absolutely appalling though, it should be noted. They had Joe Jacobson down as a key member of our impressive front three earlier in the season.

• Well, he did score a hat-trick.

• @YorkExile said:
    FLW are absolutely appalling though, it should be noted. They had Joe Jacobson down as a key member of our impressive front three earlier in the season.

It’s the same guy too. He’s useless. That previous story you mention was focused on how Fred was on his third loan spell with us despite the prominence of his summer signing.