Skip to content

The New Deal outline now emailed to Legacy Trust Members

Comments

• @peterparrotface said:

@Slaphead said:

@NiceCarrots said:
    1) Bill and Jim, the board's preferred bidder, pulled out in April which led to the board having to, allegedly, ring up Mr. Harman to ask if he could revive his bid.

2) The Dutch consortium were in pole position until that deal fell though in May/June hence the Chairmen having to revive interest from the previously rebuffed Mr. Couhig.

Yet last night we heard the Chairmen in October say " There isn't a Plan B as such."

Another point, given the board have the email addresses of Legacy members why can't we receive copies of the full 45 pages of the bid by email?

If you have nothing to hide, why hide it? Yet they talk about transparency...

The biggest barrier to the Couhigs' deal is the board itself.

The large audience at last nights meeting gave the board a deserved round of applause on more than one occasion. There were two people who were critical and they were shouted down by the rest of the audience. Why do you persist in this negativity when we are so close to moving forward?

What did they say that deserved shouting down? I didn't hear that part

Husband and wife who asked the first couple of questions criticising the lateness of the 4 pager going out and the refusal of the Trust to send out hard copies of the full document.

• @NiceCarrots said:
    1) Bill and Jim, the board's preferred bidder, pulled out in April which led to the board having to, allegedly, ring up Mr. Harman to ask if he could revive his bid.

2) The Dutch consortium were in pole position until that deal fell though in May/June hence the Chairmen having to revive interest from the previously rebuffed Mr. Couhig.

Yet last night we heard the Chairmen in October say " There isn't a Plan B as such."

Another point, given the board have the email addresses of Legacy members why can't we receive copies of the full 45 pages of the bid by email?

Remarkable

No idea what point you are trying to make on the bids. The 'guys' pulled out and the Dutch didn't have the cash. What is the negative slant on that?

Did anyone get a chance to read the legal document last night? I didn't see it or see where it was being read? It also seems some can't follow it being a confidential document. Not sure why.

Just one thought from me on last night. I'd never really thought of @NiceCarrots and @marlowchair as a married couple before the start of the Q&A last night. I guess we'll never know what question 3 was.

• @Slaphead said:

@peterparrotface said:

@Slaphead said:

@NiceCarrots said:

The large audience at last nights meeting gave the board a deserved round of applause on more than one occasion. There were two people who were critical and they were shouted down by the rest of the audience. Why do you persist in this negativity when we are so close to moving forward?

Husband and wife who asked the first couple of questions criticising the lateness of the 4 pager going out and the refusal of the Trust to send out hard copies of the full document.

Ah right, cheers @Slaphead

• @Slaphead said:

@peterparrotface said:

@Slaphead said:

@NiceCarrots said:

That deserves "shouting down"?

Blimey

• @Slaphead said:.

I don’t think the ‘I work in the city of London’ quote helped with the reception. There’s a way to ask searching or unpopular questions and it’s not by being pompous.

• People saying is there no Plan B - surely Rob & family is at least Plan C, given Plan A was trying to make the club work as a supporter-owned venture and Plan B was Bill & Jim (not even counting Harman's supposed bid and the Dutch ex-players consortium, if either was ever serious or realistic).

• @arnos_grove said:

I don’t think the ‘I work in the city of London’ quote helped with the reception. There’s a way to ask searching or unpopular questions and it’s not by being pompous.

I wonder if they regard themselves as being "the elite of Wycombe supporters".

• You won't get answers from NC.

• The chairman of Penn & Tylers Green seems very pro-Couhig.

• @NiceCarrots is the modern day version of flying over WW2 Germany dropping propoganda leaflets. No way of knowing if it's true and not rsvp address.

• The first set of questions was just strange, and everyone was just frustrated that they was how the Q&A was started.

To make sure you're the first voice that's heard, with a clearly pre-prepared set of questions that serve almost no purpose in terms of helping people decide which way to vote, and are basically just a moan wasn't great. Introducing that with "I work in the city of London", then failing to hold a mic despite being told a couple of times ( and doing a similar thing with a similarly nothing question at the last meeting), I think the groans were more than justified.

• @eric_plant said:

@Slaphead said:

@peterparrotface said:

@Slaphead said:

@NiceCarrots said:

That deserves "shouting down"?

Blimey

They did shouted down. It just got quite a few people angry. Didn't see why myself but it wasn't just a few people.

• It's a bit sad really isn't it?

• edited October 2019

Having thought over the propsal, I've got a question that I suspect someone in here will be able to answer.

If RC decides to put money into the club (Eg splash out on a player), assuming this was all "debt", would the trust need to match 25% of that to maintain its 25% stake?

Completely hypothetical situation of us breaking even in general, but Rob splashing 750k on a player by providing a loan, would we need to find 250k?

• I believe so, once 1 million credit line used up...but player fees would be subject to financial fair play regulations so if I am correct...I am sure a more learned colleague will chip in if I am wrong...we would only be able to splash out for a million pound player if the club was making much more money...from eg TV fees in the Championship and again correct if wrong...but I believe the Trust would also benefit from 25% of these profits in theory...stand to be corrected on all counts though!

• LX1LX1
    edited October 2019

I thought the attitude by some towards the couple who asked the first questions was appalling. A Q&A is the chance for, well, questions and answers, and to voice any concerns.

I was watching on the live feed and found a lot of the comments in the comments section astonishing. One poster in particular (who can't have properly been listening due to the volume of his posts) called people at various time 'muppets' and 'old codgers', whilst constantly reminding everyone that he was voting 'yes', posting 'this is boring!' and mocking people's speech. I have no idea why he was watching in the first place. This was followed at 9pm (whilst the meeting was still in progress) when the voting email came through with people posting 'I've voted!' like children.

• I work near the city of London a bit and have no idea how business works at all. I thought the carroty problem was that our crappy board ignored all other bids now it seems they picked one in good faith and then worked to get another when that fell through...the bastardos ! Harman and the Dutch bids if they actually existed faded when brought out into the light. The fact that RC having been rebuffed - if he was - was willing to return must be a positive for the way things were dealt with. Or am I missing some heinous crime?

• @LX1 said:
    I thought the attitude by some towards the couple who asked the first questions was appalling. A Q&A is the chance for, well, questions and answers, and to voice any concerns.

I was watching on the live feed and found a lot of the comments in the comments section astonishing. One poster in particular (who can't have properly been listening due to the volume of his posts) called people at various time 'muppets' and 'old codgers', whilst constantly reminding everyone that he was voting 'yes', posting 'this is boring!' and mocking people's speech. I have no idea why he was watching in the first place. This was followed at 9pm (whilst the meeting was still in progress) when the voting email came through with people posting 'I've voted!' like children.

Where was the meeting broadcast? Private Facebook group?

• Im assuming i can watch it today on the dreaded Facebook?

• West live stream on facebook

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    @NiceCarrots is the modern day version of flying over WW2 Germany dropping propoganda leaflets. No way of knowing if it's true and not rsvp address.

It's quite hard to know if he's just plain arrogant, or genuinely can't work out how the forum works.

• @Username Yes. I thought it was Legacy members only but a lot of posters said they don't have a vote so maybe it was open to all Trust members

• @eric_plant said:
    It's a bit sad really isn't it?

Yes. It was. Sad and very rude.
    To try to rationalise it I am wondering if people don't want to hear anything that might burst their positive vote yes bubble as I would hope most people would have some doubts.

The attitude and tone of the questions didn't help

• @LX1 said:

We all have a voice now @LX1 even attention seeking simpletons you would run a mile from in real life! The internet is the devils tool! And there are a lot of tools
    !

• It was a moan at the trust for only giving us 14 days to read 4 pages, and then my understanding that the legal document is subject to confidentiality rules. Not questions that would help dig out more information on the takeover.

• Sorry one more point.

For all this talk of a yes or a no vote did I read the vote screen correctly last night and neither option is yes or no?
    Wondering why?

• @LX1 said:
    @Username Yes. I thought it was Legacy members only but a lot of posters said they don't have a vote so maybe it was open to all Trust members

Thanks, what's the group name? Would be good to join it seeing as I'm a member and all. Couple of answers to questions I'd like to listen back to if possible as well.

• @Username there is a link in the email from the Trust