Skip to content

The New Deal outline now emailed to Legacy Trust Members

Comments

• Don't worry about the loans. Positive things happen to positive people.

• Were the light blue kits unpopular? I'm not old enough to have known us play in anything but quarters. There were some nice-looking kits in the 70s and 80s.

• The light blue kits with a thing of beauty, some of us yearn for their return. Big yellow numbers on the back would be the icing on the cake.

• I loved the light blue shirts with dark shorts.. my favourite kit..

• I started watching Wycombe in the light blue era so I don’t get quite as exercised as some over the quarters. That said, it’s often the first thing supporters of other clubs mention about us, so they help with profile.

• I'm a big fan of 79/80 and 89/90. Would love to get hold of one or both, but I suspect that's a very big ask. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Wycombe_Wanderers/Wycombe_Wanderers.htm

• @chairboyscentral There wasn't really the same focus by fans on kit design and colours in those days, similarly, replica shirts weren't generally on sale to supporters. Basically, for most people, it was just what the team played in. Wasn't until around the late 80s that replica shirts became an available item for most - that coincided with the rise of football fanzines and, a few years later, the internet and supporter forums/chatrooms, so there was more opportunity to discuss kits etc.
    @ChasHarps Don't forget the red numbers pre-1972!

• The quarters are magnificent and must never be lost

• Have any share scheme subscribers received the separate note alluded to below?

The shares being issued to Feliciana are the same class of shares as those issued under the share scheme. They do not give Feliciana any voting rights in relation to the Trust, and Feliciana stands in exactly the same position as other investors in the share scheme. This summary is being distributed with a separate note which contains a summary of the position of these investors as we go forward after closing the Feliciana transaction.

• @chairboyscentral I saw a few 89/90 shirts being worn at the recent 'fan day', so you might get lucky...

• I saw someone wearing one of the shirts worn at the last ever game at Loakes Park - an absolute thing of beauty

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Loakes_Park_-_the_final_game.jpg

Get a load of these in the club shop and they'd sell tonnes I reckon

• @eric_plant said:
    The quarters are magnificent and must never be lost

Agree 100%

• Sorry, I've sent this thread off on a bit of a tangent. I was going to say you can buy a replica of one of the 70s shirts: https://www.toffs.com/wycombe-wanderers-1974-1977-retro-football-shirt

• It's the 87ish one people want. Bloke had one on for the Pompey game and it looked class

• @chairboyscentral I can confirm they are a things of beauty. I tell myself I look just like Keith Searle everything I wear mine to a home game.
    Sadly there is actually no similarly in either my build or football skills to Keith Searle.

• @DevC said:
    Cant help wondering if the Adams Park office doors are wide enough for the heads of the "elite" of Wycombe's fan base to fit through...............

Simple fact is that the trust board were judged by the members to be the best skilled of those people who actually put themselves forward to run the Trust on our behalf. Against the odds. they have succeeded in maintaining League Football at Adams Park over an extended period and in finding credible purchasers when it has become clear that Wycombe cannot stand alone against the tide of owner "investment" in its competitor clubs. Its always easy to smipe behind an anonymous keyboard, but personally I think I (and in my view all Wycombe supporters) owe every one of them (past and present) a huge debt of gratitude.

Whats a smipe and why is it easier behind a keyboard

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@DevC said:
    Cant help wondering if the Adams Park office doors are wide enough for the heads of the "elite" of Wycombe's fan base to fit through...............

Simple fact is that the trust board were judged by the members to be the best skilled of those people who actually put themselves forward to run the Trust on our behalf. Against the odds. they have succeeded in maintaining League Football at Adams Park over an extended period and in finding credible purchasers when it has become clear that Wycombe cannot stand alone against the tide of owner "investment" in its competitor clubs. Its always easy to smipe behind an anonymous keyboard, but personally I think I (and in my view all Wycombe supporters) owe every one of them (past and present) a huge debt of gratitude.

Whats a smipe and why is it easier behind a keyboard

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smipe

• It's obviously not a good idea for your keyboard to be on your lap when you start smiping...hence you start behind it.

• Seems like the actual design of the shirt we play in is not going to be the tipping point then tonight, just the colours. A retro 80's look may even be favoured.

• Who's wondering if Gareth will be behind the Curtain judging the mood of the evening before calling Millwall or Sunderland?

• Did I notice that the current Board etc where not going to be offered paid positions in the new set up for at least a year - is that other's reading of the pdf doc.- if that is correct a small point but worth noting they are not going to benefit from the deal in short term if vote is yes. Also I understood Pete Couhig was going to lend his services for free ...originally for the 8 months or so prior to the original vote. If that continues to be the case and he is day to day running the club /Chief Exec that is a saving of £50,000 -£100,000 I would guess- salary + NI etc of which the Trust would pay 25%.

• @blue67 said:
    Did I notice that the current Board etc where not going to be offered paid positions in the new set up for at least a year - is that other's reading of the pdf doc.- if that is correct a small point but worth noting they are not going to benefit from the deal in short term if vote is yes.

that's how it read to me @blue67 but I daresay someone will be on explaining how it actually benefits the Power Group.

• Just noticed the revised lease agreement to rent the ground. £15K pa till 2024 then £150K pa. That's a hell of a price hike!

• @blue67 said:
    Who's wondering if Gareth will be behind the Curtain judging the mood of the evening before calling Millwall or Sunderland?

I do have this image of him just jumping out and surprising everyone, huge new contract in hand.

• @Wendoverman said:

@blue67 said:
    Did I notice that the current Board etc where not going to be offered paid positions in the up for at least a year - is that other's reading of the pdf doc.- if that is correct a small point but worth noting they are not going to benefit from the deal in short term if vote is yes.

that's how it read to me @blue67 but I daresay someone will be on explaining how it actually benefits the Power Group.

The Power Group will come out smelling like roses!

• 'A vote no means no money, massive debts to more than one person and the manager leaves for Sunderland...the bar's open everyone!'

• Good luck to everyone tonight. Give them hell.

• @Wendoverman said:
    'A vote no means no money, massive debts to more than one person and the manager leaves for Sunderland...the bar's open everyone!'

Until the Bailiffs start dismantling it

• Sharky Hayes in attendance tonight, i wonder if he still has his financial tentacles involved somehere ? Or is he concerned about the land he was rumoured to have acquired closed to the proposed stadium in Booker ?

• Tbh he probably has a vote