Skip to content

Reading manager confirmed?

Think GA can be through annoyed at this! Don't get me wrong I don't want to lose GA, but living so close he never seems to get close to the door!!

Comments

• edited October 2019

Reading fans are very annoyed about it.

• This is marvellous news.

It might be convenient for Gaz because of location etc but he deserves a lot lot better than a nothing club like Reading.

• One down, two to go!

• @eric_plant said:
    This is marvellous news.

It might be convenient for Gaz because of location etc but he deserves a lot lot better than a nothing club like Reading.

Wonder how they would describe us

• A nothing club who've spent the best part of the last 20 years in the top two tiers, including three seasons in the Premier League.

• edited October 2019

Oh come on, Reading are THE nothing club. There is literally nothing about them.

They have "nihil clava" on their badge, I think.

They could be in the Champions League final and people would switch over to an old episode of Fifteen to One or something.

• I think there is an obscure clause in the Premier League contract that ensures there must be at least ONE team in the league who plays in Blue and White stripes. Though no-one cares which one.

• @peterparrotface said:
    Oh come on, Reading are THE nothing club. There is literally nothing about them.

They have "nihil clava" on their badge, I think.

They could be in the Champions League final and people would switch over to an old episode of Fifteen to One or something.

Quite right. Literally nothing remotely interesting about Reading.

A nothing club in every sense of the word

• Oh boy are the superfans of the biggest club in the world in Berkshire not enjoying this. Just look at the responses to the tweet to announce the appointment

tiny.cc/rfchaha

• Nothing club Indeed... I think they would have been far better off to amalgamate with the PNL and playing in Didcot as the Thames valley royals, as that nice Mr Maxwell once suggeted.

• He will be the 10th Reading manager since Brian McDermott left on 11 March 2013. Surely not the kind of club that GA would have wanted to join despite its proximity to his current home.

• It's always interesting how big a deal certain supporters of these clubs think they are.

• Reading has a football club?

• Even by Reading's standards that a really underwhelming appointment. A view shared by their fans its seems.

• One down. How many to go?

• If Reading ceased to exist tomorrow and dropped out of the league I'm not sure anyone would notice. Even on weekends when you were supposed to be playing them

• I've only ever known one Reading fan. She's called Joan and she's ok.

• I know a few as well, and tbh they are alright also. I dont dislike Reading.

I feel a bit for Gareth as this was the one he probably wanted out of the 3, but obviously delighted for us !

• It's sad to think of the Wild Thing settling for safe second string mid-table obscurity somehow...

• It's no wonder literacy levels are so low if this is the prevailing attitude

• Bi' a bants vo, innit

• Wouldn't it just be justice if we swapped leagues at the end of the season!