Skip to content

Alternative Investment Story

123457»

Comments

• On January 28th 2019 we were promised details of the Bill and Jim deal within three weeks. Nothing happened. (Source: Trust website)

At the fans forum on the 11th July 2019 we were told the timing of the vote was to be confirmed but likely to be 6-9 months. (Source: Trust website)

The vote opens tomorrow and we still cannot get of the 50 page full legal document and the board have still sent any information to Legacy members.

The biggest problem for the Couhigs' is the continued mishandling of the deal by the current governance-free board.

Don't let the apathy of the board members determine our club's future.

• Oops! Still as in still HAVEN'T sent any information to Legacy members.

• Didn't they already say they wouldn't be sending out the 50 pager?
    But you're free to sniff through it tomorrow, or have a wander to the ground to peruse it?

• @NiceCarrots said:
    On January 28th 2019 we were promised details of the Bill and Jim deal within three weeks. Nothing happened. (Source: Trust website)

At the fans forum on the 11th July 2019 we were told the timing of the vote was to be confirmed but likely to be 6-9 months. (Source: Trust website)

The vote opens tomorrow and we still cannot get of the 50 page full legal document and the board have still sent any information to Legacy members.

The biggest problem for the Couhigs' is the continued mishandling of the deal by the current governance-free board.

I notice you completely ignored my point about trust members not being shareholders?

• "Details of the proposal will be circulated via email to Legacy Members ahead of the meeting..."

• I believe Mr Carrots is referring to the full 50 page legal document, which won't be circulated via email. I have to confess, I do find the apparent apathy of a number of people towards reading the full legal document a little strange.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@NiceCarrots said:
    On January 28th 2019 we were promised details of the Bill and Jim deal within three weeks. Nothing happened. (Source: Trust website)

I notice you completely ignored my point about trust members not being shareholders?

Basic nice carrots knowledge..he doesn't respond to anything.he just plants then disappears.

• edited October 2019

@YorkExile said:
    I believe Mr Carrots is referring to the full 50 page legal document, which won't be circulated via email. I have to confess, I do find the apparent apathy of a number of people towards reading the full legal document a little strange.

Have you ever met any football fans @YorkExile ? There's a beer app for God's sake...! :wink:
    You'll be wondering why one of our most successful managers is regularly insulted and belittled on social media next!

• @YorkExile said:
    I believe Mr Carrots is referring to the full 50 page legal document, which won't be circulated via email. I have to confess, I do find the apparent apathy of a number of people towards reading the full legal document a little strange.

How many Legacy Members are there? 800-odd? I don't think you can reasonably expect them all to have the time to read through 50 pages of legal jargon.

• I only check for the sanity clause...

• @Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@NiceCarrots said:

Basic nice carrots knowledge..he doesn't respond to anything.he just plants then disappears.

And the gasroom rabbits take those tasty carrots to snack on later.

DON'T BE A RABBIT!!!!

• @Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@NiceCarrots said:

He had time to downvote it but not respond.

• @Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@NiceCarrots said:

Until @NiceCarrots does people the courtesy of doing what I think the forum is here for and engage in a conversation I’ll take no notice of him as I prepare to vote it’s annoyingly rude ,

• @chairboyscentral said:

@YorkExile said:

How many Legacy Members are there? 800-odd? I don't think you can reasonably expect them all to have the time to read through 50 pages of legal jargon.

It's not about whether all 800-odd have the time or inclination to read it, it's about giving them the reasonable opportunity to do so. I can only imagine that those legacy members who are legally trained would be very keen to go through all 50 pages and raise any concerns that they have. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that they have a moral responsibility to do so.

• It will obviously take time to digest the information so with such a key decision in the history of the football club it is disappointing that Legacy Members have still not received details of the bid, approx 30hrs before the meeting.

• Hold on. I’ll check my inbox.

• Nothing yet.

Whilst acknowledging @YorkExile’s apparent concern about devils lurking in the detail of the 50+ page legal document, I tend to take on trust that the club’s lawyers will have earned their corn in at least bringing to bear significantly greater insight into the ramifications and potential pitfalls than I would be able to. I’m content to listen carefully to the Couhig’s presentation and, provided there appears to be nothing untoward in what they say, I will be voting in favour.

• What presentation? They're not going to be at the meeting are they?

• edited October 2019

@DJWYC14 said:
    It will obviously take time to digest the information so with such a key decision in the history of the football club it is disappointing that Legacy Members have still not received details of the bid, approx 30hrs before the meeting.

Or at least the offer of a huge bribe...

• Maybe not @eric_plant. I’d assumed at least one of them would but I honestly don’t know.

• Always slightly nervewracking as the last minute is when deals tend to fall down if they are going to. Hopefully all OK for the night.

• The way seemingly no-one has a clue what's going on, doesn't at all fill you with any confidence that 75% of the voting crew definitely know there's a vote on...

• Only about 5 % of the people around me keep asking how I'm planning to vote. The rest just watch the football and eat chips.

• Mail has now been received

• Quick look seems to suggest Trust members will need to put their money where our mouths are going forwards. Seems a fair plan.

I’ll leave wading through 50 pages of legal jargon to those in the know though.

• edited October 2019

@YorkExile said:

Well @YorkExile, I hope one day within the next 14, to be able to find the time to read said legal document. I will confess I am pretty sure by the time I get to the bottom of page 3/4, I will have lost the will to live trying to understand all the legal jargon. The vast majority of which, I suspect, will fly by me and at the end I shall be none the wiser. In summary, it is not apathy, (in my case certainly & I suspect a majority of others that don't read it in full), more the knowledge of ones own limitation. I therefore expect to try, most likely fail, but rely on those that do have at least a moderate grasp, to read, post their thoughts & hopefully reach the correct direction of my vote.

• Apparently Larson has pulled out of involvement in Sarfend.

• edited October 2019

He's coming here when GA goes to Sunderland!? Await Richie comments......

• Once GA goes or stays our resident expert will have predicted it.