Skip to content

Comments

• Why are all these teams panicking and picking this week!? International break?!

• Uh oh?

• I don't think Reading are sensible enough to court Ainsworth. They already had a chance last time and went down a strange route, sure they will do so again

• They will want a manager with a sexy foreign name.

• Yup Malone. Happens every year. Gives them two weeks to get new guy in before next game.

• With managers disappearing faster than a politician’s credibility, our tactically inept manager may be on more than one dance card. I’ve been struck by how often Rob C has referred to Gareth being a key reason he’s keen to work with us. Not that I think he’s going anywhere but I wonder what Rob’s thinking would be if he did. Still not to worry, we have a group of European legends waiting in the wings.

• Reading being linked with Mark Hughes on Twitter currently

• Teams do love constantly hiring guys who have managed at a higher level, but continually been sacked don't they!

• We have Nigel Howe back in as CEO and Bowen in as Director of Football. Two very pragmatic guys so I think the days of sexy foreign managers are over for now.

Owners just want success and have invested a lot so far in trying to achieve it. Ainsworth is very much second on everyone's wishlist behind Houghton as the person we would like to take over.

Personally, I think he'll still be with you at Christmas.

• @genome said:
    We have Nigel Howe back in as CEO and Bowen in as Director of Football. Two very pragmatic guys so I think the days of sexy foreign managers are over for now.

Owners just want success and have invested a lot so far in trying to achieve it. Ainsworth is very much second on everyone's wishlist behind Houghton as the person we would like to take over.

Personally, I think he'll still be with you at Christmas.

Hughton you mean?

Made me wonder whether Ray Houghton was still knocking about!

• I’ve always thought QPR (history), Blackburn (emotional), or Reading (geography) are the only clubs Gaz would leave for. This is far more of a threat than Sunderland, Lincoln etc etc.

• I reckon Perfidious Albion has nailed it.

• I think stoke's exciting choice of the rev might give championship sides pause for thought about taking a risk on a league one manager.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think stoke's exciting choice of the rev might give championship sides pause for thought about taking a risk on a league one manager.

He seems to have got a bit of sympathy for his odd interviews and basically suggesting he's doing ok, the overpaid players aren't. Not much sympathy for them. Still another defeat or two and he'll be gone.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I think stoke's exciting choice of the rev might give championship sides pause for thought about taking a risk on a league one manager.

He seems to have got a bit of sympathy for his odd interviews and basically suggesting he's doing ok, the overpaid players aren't. Not much sympathy for them. Still another defeat or two and he'll be gone.

Joking aside I do think he's a good manager and his interviews hilarious, but I think he made a mistake leaving Luton where he was respected and would have been given time to save them up there...hope his agent negotiated a good pay-off !