Skip to content

Comments

• Sunderland sack Ross

• Stendel to Sunderland seems a pretty ideal fit to me, he did a great job with Barnsley last year and then had the rug pulled from under him once they went up.

• Just in time to make the cut for the second series of the Netflix doc!

• Ainsworth to Sunderland?

• Ainsworth favourite with Paddy Power. Difficult to turn down if offered.

• Reading the Sunderland fans forum most are very anti Ainsworth, so unlikely to be in the running

• however he seems very popular with the fans on the Reading FC forum

• @RogertheBandito said:
    Reading the Sunderland fans forum most are very anti Ainsworth, so unlikely to be in the running

Really ?? Not what I saw, the poll on the Reading forum has him in 2nd place after Hughton, and on the Sunderland site they were all asked to name their top 5 and he is in most of them

• Luke o’nien connection cant do his cause any harm.
    Takeover on cards makes it more risky.
    Who knows what they are looking for. Maybe a big name this time after failing with an up and coming last time?
    Good job for someone though.

• Sorry just saw your 2nd post

• I've just had look at the bookies out of curiosity, Barnsley he seems well out of it, Reading hes 13/1 and only about 5th... but Su derland hes favourite at 7/4 !!

• @HolmerBlue said:

@RogertheBandito said:
    Reading the Sunderland fans forum most are very anti Ainsworth, so unlikely to be in the running

Really ?? Not what I saw, the poll on the Reading forum has him in 2nd place after Hughton, and on the Sunderland site they were all asked to name their top 5 and he is in most of them

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/gareth-ainsworth.1489404/

• I think Reading will be similar to QPR over the summer - they'll want to speak to him but end up giving it to someone either more glamorous or with a track record in the Championship, proven or otherwise. Barnsley never seemed a particularly likely fit last time round and nor does it now. But Sunderland? I can see them being very attracted by Gareth, they'll want the stability he can offer and League One nous. His man management credentials will be very helpful there. And they have a habit of picking no-nonsense managers ahead of those with continental flair. That's the one I'd be most worried about.

• And that is why he is as short as 7/4 favourite @aloysius

• I suspect they'll go with someone who's got out of this division before.

• Our favourite Stoke manager might be wishing they hurry up and sack him so he can have a crack!

• Pretty sure that's what he was aiming for the other day when he said things haven't worked out at Stoke in an interview. Then the idiot went and accidentally won his next game.

• Paul Cook is the favourite !

• Guess the Sex Pistols reunion is off, then.

• Joe the drummer hot on his heels.

• 'Two wycombe-based drummers and a number of their friends were arrested for brawling outside the auditions for the latest Sex Pistols reunion. Apparently the trouble started when both were ejected by Steve Jones as '...one only plays when he feels it is appropriate while the other one just won't stop.'

• But both were technically of too high a standard to be acceptable.

• @micra said:
    But both were technically of too high a standard to be acceptable.

I'm ignoring that @micra as if the Paul Cook was appearing I would gladly set foot on the terrace.

• However, it was drawn to the band’s agent’s attention during auditions that a vocalist known to the aspiring skin beaters might well become available in the near future.

• I remember when I was an aspiring skin beater.

• The ambiguity has belatedly struck me @Jonny_King. Good job I am aware of your musical connections!

• A Sunderland supporting friend of mine has heard that, among others, Sunderland have made an approach to talk to Gareth about the job. If so, then I am a little concerned about this one with the size of the club...

• Don't worry @brownie he'll stay...after all the Sunderland job will be available again before long?