Skip to content

Match day thread: Stevenage (EFL trophy)

Comments

• edited October 2019

What happened to that poor deer's face? I'm guessing their old badge was too non-League, like the name Stevenage Borough was.

• The deer appears as if it might be smiling, and is standing in front of some red trees.

• This is the team:

4-3-3 (presumably)

Yates

Mascoll
    Sido
    Phillips
    JJ

Ofoborh
    Thompson
    JGS

Kashket
    Parker
    Aarons

• Strong line up

• Looks worth a watch.

Had 9/11 correctly, but didn't think JJ would get a go here, and didn't even try and guess the third midfielder, but good to see JGS. See what he's got.

• El Abd on the bench for them

• Although there is no prediction there for obvious reasons I think we will win 3-0

• 0-1 down

• Lost half the game so far with interference on the screen.

Anyone else having problems.on ifollow?

• No updates from the clubs twitter since the goal, perhaps the internet is struggling at AP

• Luckily by about 8mins the stream has been perfect

• PLAY 4-3-3 NOT 3-4-3!

• 30 away fans, that’s staggering or are they all WAGs and relatives.

• Our third lowest attendance for a competitive first team fixture at AP. The other two both coming in this competition.

• Such a pony competition

• Poor game so far.

Strange lineup, with JJ in the middle of a back 3, and Phillips in a sort of advanced right back position. It's not working too well.

Oboforh and Aarons with a couple of nice runs, but not much else happening so far.

Roll on the second half!

This cup isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's a good vehicle to getting some of the lesser used players a good run out.

• This is a pretty terrible football match, but on the other hand it’s worth a tenner just to watch Curtis Thompson.

• And as I post that he’s subbed off, so only worth £6.98 now.

• I'm really hoping this is a full strength Stevenage team. If not then there's no real excuse for us being unable to get some kind of result, even if we are only a rag-tag collection of individuals who have not played together as a team before.
    Thought we'd have enough quality to beat this lot.

• Stevenage bottom of league 2, and made 3 changes. Lucky it's in this cup, rather than another one or we'd be a bit more gutted.

Would like to know why JJ wasn't taking those last 2 corners when he's scored from 2 of his most recent ones!

• That was absolutely atrocious but then again the type of performance that competition deserves.

• Did JJ really play at centre back? I guess it's fair enough that GA is using this competition to experiment.

• Centre of 3 centre backs, with Phillips doing some odd semi right midfield position, and having the left sided player much more advanced.

Looks a bit too clever for my liking.

Thought Oboborh had a really poor game. Hopefully a loosener after a bit of time out, as his first game was terrific for us.

JGS looks a fair way off getting near it again.

• "See James McLean Mckenzie's other Tweets"

No thank you.

• Thought Mascoll did well though.

• edited October 2019

• What a load of crap.

Thought Yates played well, some nice saves.

1 shot on target for us?

• On the plus side - at least we got that performance out of the way in a pointless competition. Hopefully not an indicator of our supposed strength in depth.